Guilt...?

Options
Yesterday I had about 700 cal. left for dinner. I decided to have a typical Belgian snack (something like a corn dog). It was within my calorie limits, but still I feel guilty. It wasn't healthy food...
I wonder why.
Have any of you experienced this before?

Replies

• vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yeah I often have that. I had some chocolate yesterday and an ice cream from the van just to make up the calories - I have to do shopping soon so I'm running out of low calorie snacks. It's actually quite hard not to just settle for the under-eating.
  • Jeni322
    Jeni322 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I too always feel guilty having something sinful, even when it's within calories and not exactly sinful then - I don't know why we feel that way
  • izobel
    izobel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If it is under my calories I absolutely 100% do not feel guilty at all!!!!!!!!
  • nina1968
    nina1968 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Funny but I feel the same way as all of you do. I really can't seem to bring myself to eat anything bad for me. Even though I am 5lbs away from my goal weight. I often wonder if I ever will, Just because of the fear of gaining weight. Maybe thats just what i need, A little bit of fear. Good luck everyone!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You are not alone in your guilt feelings, just don't let them linger. We can all certainly use them for our benefit!
  • debhayes
    debhayes Posts: 14
    Options
    It of course would have been better to use your calories in a healthier way like fruits and vegtables, but an occasional indulgence doesn't hurt. Remember different calories are metabolized differently.. Fat calories complex carbs vs whole grain carbs, etc. Keep up the good work! Good luck!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options

me either!!!!
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options

Agreed. Keep in mind what your goal is. If one's goal is to be a perfect eater all the time, then we would all fail. If your goal is to stay under a specified amount of calories for the day, then consider your day a success.