Not eating enough calories

Options
lonypony
lonypony Posts: 130 Member
Not me.... my husband. I do his diary for him, he is so busy with his own business. He is not eating enough calories through the day, and although I tell him so, he doesn't eat more. What are some things you guys eat/do to boost your calorie intake apart from the obvious of eating more.

At the end of the day he is quite often left with 500+ cals, mind you he has not quite been going a whole week yet.

Replies

• khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    Can you throw in a protein bar somewhere? They are portable. I try to make sure I have one for my snack every afternoon regardless if I'm hungry because I'm typically low in protein.
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    try to use non-diet versions of food for example regular sour cream instead of low fat. That way you're gettng extra calories but not actually eating any more food. Also a snack with peanut butter is always good for bumping up calories protein and fat!
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Throw in some almonds or nuts for snacks.. celery with peanut butter...some cheese..
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Mmm protein bars sound handy for him to have in car while he is out and about doing his work. All great ideas thanks, just need to show hubby now :happy: Be interesting to see what his weight loss is this first week anyway.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I struggle with eating all of my calories as well... though I know when I get closer to goal weight and have to survive on 1200 calories a day I'll be wishing I had those calories back!

The easiest way to add in calories is to use the full fat versions of foods you already eat (milk, cheese, etc.). I add peanut butter to toast or eat with an apple to get some quick calories in as well (I'm actually doing that tonight assuming I get hungry again!). Nuts are another good way to get in calories.