New here, looking for people who have over 100lbs to lose

Options
Hi there,

I just started (again) but for the first time here. I did WW several years ago and lost 50 lbs, and I've put it all back on and more (an extra 31 lbs *yay me*.

I'm 40 and have three children. Since the 50 lbs I lost, I've been pregnant 6 times. I feel like my body and brain are out of control.

So, as of 2 days ago, I weighed 307, the heaviest I've ever weighed. I have to do this. I am NOT healthy. I am tired, I snore, I am in a funk.

So I WILL do this. No try this time. I will.

I set my goal as 200 lbs. Ideally, I'd like to weigh 175.
For this month, my goal is below 300 (299!)

I need to start exercising. So that is my goal for this week. I want to create an at home workout. I have an elliptical trainer, and WII fit.

Anyone out there over 300? Please let me know that I am not alone.

Replies

• jhdoman
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I think we have a lot in common!
  • MLutin
    Options
    Well I don't have 100lbs to lose, but I have lost 90 so far. I'm not sure how much advice I can give, but there are people out there who are/were in the same boat as you. You can do it! Just have to stay dedicated to dieting and you can be exactly where you want to be!
  • rmeans09
    Options
    I love your attitude :) I've been overweight my whole life (except for a brief period on Atkins) and I need this to be the last time I get rid of weight. Feel free to add me, I think we could motivate eachother, but I don't fit the 100 lb criteria...I could stand to lose that ammount, but I don't think I'll ever be model skinny and I'm okay with that. I'm shooting for 20 lbs by july so I will be under 200 lbs and after that I'll just keep setting 20 lb goals for myself until I feel healthy.
  • donpatric19
    Options
    well for me I do have to lose 100lbz, but by august would like to lose 60-70lbz, im 283lbz now , started my diet yesterday but started my workout today
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have about 70 more lbs to lose, but can relate to much of what you said. I have type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, borderline cholesterol and snoring was getting out of control (actually was starting to cause issues with hubby of 27 years). Since losing only 15 lbs and exercising 4-5 times per week, my blood sugars are a lot better, my blood pressure is better and my snoring has gotten tolerable. I know I can do this and so can you! You have set small goals, will be easier for you to achieve (keep the long-term goal in sight, just don't focus on that). Track the food you eat (honestly) and the exercise you get and you will start seeing the results. I already have! I will send you a friend request and we can support each other along the way!
  • mmiller1980
    mmiller1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also the heaviest I've ever been at 289. My goal is 175 (114 pound loss). Feel free to add me as a friend, I think we can encourage each other through this!
  • fustianriddle
    Options
    I hear you, my heaviest was 310 - it had been in the 280's - 290s, and then my dad died, and I went into a pretty big funk. Around July I decided I had to change, then began watching what I ate, and got back into the 280s.... Holidays brought me back into the 290s (but not over 300 again). And now, I'm down to 279 which is the lowest I've weighed since high school. I don't have a target weight, just some pretty dresses I hope to wear before I turn 30 next year.
    I'm totally open to friends - it helps to have them around for motivation and to be reminded your not going through this alone.
  • preeti77
    preeti77 Posts: 18
    Options
    Im here too - would love to get down to 140!!

Feel free to add me too :)
  • smoootka
    smoootka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    yeap... I have a lot to lose, too... thank god i've already managed to get out of the 300s, now i'm slowly continuing... i want to get to those 100s and i have A LOT of work to do to get there. but, hey, WE CAN DO IT!!! ;)
  • Copperlash
    Options
    I'm in the 300 club too. Feel free to add me.
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    Im here for you and I started up there too. Was 350 at my heaviest. Add me. I would love to be your support.
  • chelseasmom03
    Options
    Hi there. Wasn't quite to 300 but close enough. My overall goal is to get below 200 but right now is lose as much weight as possible before November. I've lost about 10 since I started this about a month ago. Feel free to add me and we can help motivate each other. Let's do this!
  • eventerchick80
    eventerchick80 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom of a 6 year old currently around 270 and have lost about 20 so far. My goal is to get to 190 (high school weight) but would ideally like to be around 160. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. My peak weight was a cheeseburger shy of 300 lbs. About 14 months ago, I weighed 280 and started to really try to lose weight for the first time ever. I am now down to ~195. I have been where you are.

Good job taking the first steps and good luck!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I have 100+ lbs to lose as well :). So far 34.5 down since January.
  • CoachAaronO
    CoachAaronO Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, any and all are welcome to add me as a friend, I love to help people with health and fitness. I started out at 320lbs, have really put in time effort and healthy eating and have reached an all time lowest body weight of 173lbs, and competed in my first bodybuilding competition on april 6th! A huge dream come true for me! With holding water, and being able to slack from a competition diet I am now back up to 190lbs. But my newest goal is to get to 170lbs that will put me at a 150lb total weight loss.

I am now a certified personal trainer and health and fitness coach, my passion in life is to help others achieve what I have achieved :D well except the bodybuilding part, unless youre into that LOL
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well over 100 to lose. I have a goal of 175 right now.
  • Meeka988
    Meeka988 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im new here and you are so not alone I would love to join you on this journey and we can help each other out along the way.:smile:
  • soxx226
    soxx226 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I still have 100+ to lose, currently at 335 and started a walking/jogging routine.
  • michielee
    michielee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have about 110 pounds to lose. I started at 271 and have dropped down 8 pounds so far. Any and all are welcome to add me as a friend. I find having other people who know what you are going through is a great support and we can help motivate each other. I know you can do it :)