Does it matter too much?

Options
Hey guys!

Basically, I've been dieting for a while now, doing exercise every day etc. but I'm wondering, in your GDA it says;

'Carbs 230g'
'Sugars 90g'

If I go over my sugars limit but stay under my calories and carbs limits, will it matter?

I've got my carbs limit to about 200g at the moment, and I've been well below it pretty much every day however I keep going over the sugars part really easily and I'm worried this will inhibit weight loss?

Help! :D

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It won't matter. Nutrition and weight loss are two different things.

As long as you stick to your deficit you'll lose weight, its really all about calories.

You could potentially just eat chocolate bars sitting on a sofa all day as long as its total is less than your TDEE you would lose weight. Eating nutritionally good food makes you healthier, exercise is for looking good.
  • JaysWeightLoss
    Options
    Thanks alot for the response, Phil.

That's really helpful!

Thanks Again,

Jay.
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    But to be clear, probably not a good idea to just eat chocolate bars all day... it isn't quite that simple. :)
  • JaysWeightLoss
    Options
    But to be clear, probably not a good idea to just eat chocolate bars all day... it isn't quite that simple. :)

Oh, I understood that part a little :D

It's just that I'm sort of new to this thing, I've lost about 1st since November 2012 so I'm happy with that, I like to take it slowly while still feeling better. Basically, the sugar in my coffee doesn't help me too much but that calories aren't too bad it's just the carbs (sugars) part which I keep going over.

Glad to find out it's not too much of an issue with a calorie deficit, anyway.

Thanks for the info, too :)

Jay.