Strawberries

Options
I've noticed a trend... when I add strawberries to my diet I lose weight rapidly. Does anyone know something about strawberries that I don't know or is it just a coincidence?

Replies

• mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I notice that I lose more weight on a consistent basis when add more berries to my diet of any kind, especially with Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and rasberries. Would love to know if there is a reason behind it.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    well golly, im getting more berries in my diet. :) what do you add them to, just eating them plain?
  • becca09
    becca09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Really? hmmm right im off to the shops to get some strawbs :P
  • dawnieqt
    dawnieqt Posts: 26
    Options
    well golly, im getting more berries in my diet. :) what do you add them to, just eating them plain?

I normally eat them as my morning snack... a cup of halved strawberries with slices of banana.
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Dark berries have a low glycemic index and high fiber content, so could be helping you lose if your body doesn't handle carbs well, and also the fiber serves to "clean" your system making it more effective at disposing of waste. I have a dark berry mix (strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, raspberry) with a tbsp of whip cream almost every day for snack or on top of an english muffin or angel food cake for breakfast. LOVE IT!1
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Strawberries are probably one of the best foods you could eat. Since they've been in season we've been eating a lot of them.

However, the weight loss depends on a lot of other factors. If you have strawberries and then hit Buffalo Wild Wings I don't think you're going to lose anything.
  • dawnieqt
    dawnieqt Posts: 26
    Options
    Strawberries are probably one of the best foods you could eat. Since they've been in season we've been eating a lot of them.

However, the weight loss depends on a lot of other factors. If you have strawberries and then hit Buffalo Wild Wings I don't think you're going to lose anything.

HAH! Of course not!! I eat healthy all day long! I just notice that I lose more weight on a day to day basis when I include strawberries in my diet! I bought a bucket of strawberries from a strawberry farm down the road about 3 weeks ago and during that weekend I lost 3 lbs and wasn't even working out a lot. I went a loooong week without losing anything at all once the berries ran out and then 3 days ago I bought some more at the grocery store and I've lost 2 lbs since the day I bought them! :)
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    When I have to go extra low for dinner - making up for too many calories earlier in the day - I eat STRAWBERRIES!

Strawberries are SO LOW in calories and full of great things! I eat a full 1 lb containor when I need a low calorie meal sized snack! YUM! And eating them slowly you can kill an hour easy - such a beautiful solution to a ugly problem!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I never noticed but they are one of my faves, so I do eat them a lot! Plus they are in season so you can get a bunch for really cheap :)