Good vs. Bad Calories?

Options
Does it matter what type of calories you put in your body as long as you stay within your daily caloric allowance? For example everyday I allow myself to have anywhere from 100 to 200 calories of "bad" calories (i.e.: candy, cookies, chips, ice-cream, etc.). So what I am asking is will these "bad" calories catch up to me? Will I stop losing weight even though I am staying within my daily allowance?

16179404.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    No, if you stay within your calorie goal you will not stop losing weight due to eating "bad food" in small amounts. But wait 5 minutes and this thread will give you many different answers. Enjoy.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Does it matter what type of calories you put in your body as long as you stay within your daily caloric allowance? For example everyday I allow myself to have anywhere from 100 to 200 calories of "bad" calories (i.e.: candy, cookies, chips, ice-cream, etc.). So what I am asking is will these "bad" calories catch up to me? Will I stop losing weight even though I am staying within my daily allowance?

16179404.png

No, not unless you have medical disorder that would require you to limit "bad" foods, and all your bad foods sound good to me
  • vmarquez87
    Options
    Thanks!

16179404.png
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    There are other reasons you are better off eating healthier calories. The above posts are right, though: total calories in < total calories out.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    100 - 200 calories of treats per day within an overal healthy balanced diet sounds good to me
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    My BF lost over 20 lbs and all he eats (when I don't cook) are bad calories. Burgers, fries, fried food, candy, sandwiches with cheese...all he did was learn portion control. He has since started gaining it back but that's more because he stopped tracking his food and fell back into old eating habits. 100-200 calories each day aren't going to hurt you.