Cool Challenge for ANYONE

Options
So today, I have been without soda for 14 weeks and have never felt better! I do not miss soda at all. So I challenge you to quit soda, I know it may be hard, but its so worth it. I am here for support if you needed it. You can live wirhout soda, I am here for support. Go for it!

Replies

• mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I gave up soda a while ago, after the first few days I didn't even want it anymore. I'm so used to drinking water now, that that is what I crave when I get thirsty. Since giving up soda (diet) I realized I don't crave sweets as much either. Morning I still have my coffee (black) and I treat myself to one vitamin water zero, or Lifewater and the rest is all water.
  • waltoc
    waltoc Posts: 3
    Options
    Sometimes plain water just doesn't do it. I've found that Fruit20 is a great subsitute for soda.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to give it up completely. I'm down to one diet coke a day. Rarely do I go over, but I am havng a hard time dropping that last one...
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time giving it up. I drink coke zero and I have given it up in the past and when PMS comes that is what I crave. I have found that I really love that new sobe zero calorie with the stevia but it is hard to find for me. Hoping to hit Sams this weekend and see if they have it. I drink one or two cans a day and I would love to say I don't drink it at all! The only other things I drink are water (lots of it), one cup of coffee a day and two cups of plain organic green tea.
  • cyndi407
    cyndi407 Posts: 1
    Options
    That has happened to me as well. I dropped the diet soda and come to realize I dont crave sweets of any kind at all. I had given up sweets/candy for lent and I dont miss it. The other day I was craving chocolate, so I went to the store and bought a bag of snack size 3 musketeers and had one snack size, even though the package stated a serving size was 3 bars. Then I gave the bag to my hubby and told him to hide it, just in case I got tempted, knowing it was in the house :tongue:
  • katrinamclamb
    Options
    soda is right up there with my credit card, never leave home without it. :) I have done good though, I buy a six pack for the week and that is all that I am allowed. I can't buy more until the weekend is over and the kids each earn a soda once a week so its really only a 4 pack. That was goal number one. Next month i buy the smaller cans with the same rules, i figure that way I can go gradual, like a crack user... :)
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I wish I didn't miss it when I don't have it for a while. I don't drink it on a daily basis at all, which two years ago I did (sometimes a couple a day) but I don't think I could give it up totally and not miss it. Cracking open a cold can (has to be a can) of pepsi is one of my vices. Man, I just heard someone crack open a can of something and now I want one :grumble:
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I gave it up 4 months ago and so glad I did :)
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Sometimes plain water just doesn't do it. I've found that Fruit20 is a great subsitute for soda.

the other day the hospital i work at gave us free cold bottles of lifewater? zero calories. SUPER tasty!!!!!! best flavored water i have ever had.

*edit* - on the no-soda issue, i haven't brought soda into my home for about 5 years or more. not since i was a teenager. i only drink water or unsweetened tea (with sweet 'n' low lol) when we go out EXCEPT.....
    at fast food restaraunts. call me crazy, but i do not trust their water or their tea. bottled water is too expensive (i usually drink about 3-4 restaraunt glasses of water or tea just at dinner alone) and every time i have tried to just "brave it" it always ends badly. so i go for a caffeine free Sprite or Root Beer but only only ONLY at fast food places.
  • kaydtc
    kaydtc Posts: 48
    Options
    I drink quite a lot of diet coke and justify it to myself on the basis that it has no calories. I like fruit juices but they are high in sugar! I find plain water sooo boring! I like carbonated water and often drink half fruit juice and half carbonated water, I presume that carbonated water is much the same as drinking a diet coke? In what way do you feel better after giving it up?
  • HealthyPr10
    HealthyPr10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fit2Live11 that is a great challenge. I gave up soda 5+ yrs ago and man my face has never been so clear (bump free). My daughter loves Sprite so what I do is buy her the flavor water from Walmart and she thinks she is drinking soda. She loves it and it is 0 cal, 0 sugar
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I was bad about drinking a 12pack every 2-3days, it was horrible! I've tried to slowly cut it in the past years but nothing worked, I'd always go back, well I've been soda(and other sugary drinks) free since April 7th and haven't looked back, nor have any cravings!! I did it cold turkey and yes the first day without was bad cause of caffiene headaches all day, but they slowed the following day and eventually disappeared! So kudos to everyone else who has been able to kick it and good luck to those wanting to. xoxo Bru

Edited: I never drank water plain (or even with added 5 calorie flavors) and now I drink almost 8-10 8oz glasses everyday!! Woo whoo!
  • BrandyHuff
    BrandyHuff Posts: 28
    Options
    I have now been soft drink free for 8 weeks. I was probably averaging 3-4 Cokes a day. And I can tell ya that I don't miss them one little bit! I feel better and have more energy than I have ever had in my adult life. Fortunately for me I love plain water, so I don't have any problem drinking plenty of it. As a matter of a fact, I drink about 14 glasses a day. I just decided that I was tired of drinking my calories instead of eating them, so I quit cold turkey and haven't craved one yet!
  • monmcb
    monmcb Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to give it up too! I haven't had a soda in one week! I'm still missing it, but i'm trying to wein(sp?) myself off. I started drinking the flavored soda waters from Target. It has zero calories and a very small amount of sodium.
  • Fit2live11
    Fit2live11 Posts: 15
    Options
    It is rough. However, after a few days it becomes easier, It is probably one of the toughest things I've done in a while. You will soon be able to look at a soda and think nothing of it. It feels so good after a while. If you need help, ask me!!!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a Coke since about May 1st. I had a craving last week, but overcame it. This is really difficult for me though. I went about 4 months last year without Coke and that's the longest I've gone.
  • softlyspoken68
    Options
    So far i've been off soda for 7 days and yessss i can tell a difference,../...when i want a soda so bad, i go to diet....
  • Fit2live11
    Options
    I know if I had a soda at this point, even diet, It would throw me way out of wack (.I know I couldnt even stomach a rum and coke despite my moderate like of rum :-) ). I think the eaiest way I overcome it, because it still is a struggle is to try to remember how much sugar, corn syrup, and otrher bad things are in it. I only drank diet soda when I did drink it, but ,I did take my self off slowly. I do not suggest abruptly stopping because that will shock yoiur body. Another thing that helps me is just to remember how many trips to the fridge I would make and how bad I would feel afterwards. It is hard to overcome but once you do, you will realize just how easier your life will be. It is a day by day victory and each day you make it, it will simply be another way to make you feel good about yourself.
  • Fit2live11
    Options
    Great job to all of you!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    Wow I thought it was just me regarding coke and chocolate.

Coke was the first thing I quit when I started a few months ago but whenever I have had a coke I've ended up getting some chocolate soon after. I realised there want isn't any point so stopped altogether.

I was out with the kids last weekend and the only drink I could get my hands on was coke and WOW... after so long without it I found it really sickly :sick: ...give me an ice cold water ANY DAY!