WATER!!!

Options
I am not good at drinking water.

I am really good at drinking water with crystal light, powerade zero, flavored no cal seltzers etc.

I need some FLAVOR! Do you guys think this is OK. I know its not greattttt.... chemicals and stuff... but I just want to make sure its not hindering me/holding me back in any way...

Any info/ thoughts would be appreciated!

Replies

• akdollie
    akdollie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like to add the true lemon or true lime sometimes just for a little flavor. The make a raspberry lemon one and orange too. Its just crystallized lemon and does not have any sweeteners so you can avoid all that artificial junk they use nowadays.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Plain water (with a squeeze of lemon/orange if you prefer) is really important. Your body uses it to stay hydrated, keeping cells functioning well. Also needed for flushing toxins/chemicals from your body. Recommended is 6-8cups per day including some other drinks if you prefer. You will get some water from fruit and vege, but not enough on its own. You will find it easier if you gradually make the change to more water. Good luck.
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Plain water (with a squeeze of lemon/orange if you prefer) is really important. Your body uses it to stay hydrated, keeping cells functioning well. Also needed for flushing toxins/chemicals from your body. Recommended is 6-8cups per day including some other drinks if you prefer. You will get some water from fruit and vege, but not enough on its own. You will find it easier if you gradually make the change to more water. Good luck.

^ this. Sometimes I get seltzar water and put some lemon/lime juice in it. I have grown quite fond of it and regular sodas/low cal carbonated drinks just taste gross now.
  • Bradykirk
    Bradykirk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am terrible at getting enough water too. So I started to try and add it when without making a big deal about it.

I have made a habit of filling my water bottle when I walk into my office.... 2 glasses of water out of the way
    Water while working out....2 more glasses out of the way
    Substituted water for wine while cooking dinner (not as nice but it works)...1 more

that is 5 glasses without really trying
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I find more than anything, a straw will make me drink more water.

I bought a Rubbermaid water bottle that holds 32 oz (so 4 cups) and it has a straw. I will easily drink 2 of them at work and then I drink one more at home.

I don't know what kind of magical powers a straw has, but I ALWAYS drink more water from a straw.

Every once in a while I'll add crystal light or mio, but I just got used to plain water after a while. I learned to like it I guess.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    One thing you could try is putting about 1/8-1/4 tsp Stevia and a teabag in a big glass of water. It will steep in about 5 minutes even though the water is cold. It adds a little sweetness and flavor without all the fake sugar and chemicals.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    It's acceptable.
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I get my water in daily by making a pot of celestial seasonings fruit tea in the morning. It is caffeine free. In the afternoon, I pour it over ice to make iced tea. I do not add any sweetening to it; It is sweet enough from the tea and satisfies my cravings. I can't drink flavored water. It leaves an after taste.
  • originalkazila
    Options
    I drink ice water more readily, I had a hard time getting my water intake up too but I found having a pretty water bottle at hand really helped. :) Keep it near you even if you think you don't want unflavoured water - eventually your thirst will take over.
  • mili5726
    mili5726 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love drinking my ice water with a straw and some fresh lemon squeezed into it. I use about 3-4 lemon wedges. Makes a big difference in the taste. Plus there are extra benefits to drinking your water with fresh lemon as well
  • emzabee420
    emzabee420 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you Sheila, I love tea. will be trying this!
  • turbojam_rocks
    turbojam_rocks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I also have a hard time drinking water...My mother in law told me to start heating it up and drinking it warm...I really liked that idea..
  • BonnieAlwilda
    Options
    I was just where you are a couple of months ago. I drank plenty of "water" but I always added flavor packets which typically had splenda or some other type of artificial sweetner in them. And many times they had caffiene as well. I just had to go cold turkey. I see some of the other comments indicate that people find it easier to drink ice water. Well , I'm just the opposite. I find that I can get plain water down much easier if its not ice cold but closer to room temperature. To add insult to injury, I gave up coffee at the same time. So now I only drink either green tea (has caffiene), herbal tea (no caffiene) or plain water. I make sure I drink 100 oz of plain water every day. I've really gotten into the teas (especially since its so cold outside) but I've told myself that I have to fill my 20 oz bottle with plain water everytime I get a cup of tea and I can't get another cup of tea until I drink that bottle of water. That works for me and others have found what works for them....you have to just keep trying different things until you find what works for you.
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If I feel like I need flavor, I pop in a stick of mint gum to chew, then my water tastes minty as I drink it. Odd, I know, but it works for me.
  • kjhall01
    kjhall01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I recently made a pitcher of cucumber lemon water. I love it! I just sliced a whole lemon and half of a cucumber threw it in the pitcher with water and let it sit for about a day. It is delicious and really helps me drink water. It so refreshing too!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Oh great now youre going to sprout horns and holves. Devil's nectar. Might as well be drinking straight arsenic!

Just kidding...continue to drink it. It's better than not hydrating yourself with anything. Dont let anyone tell you it's somehow inferior to drinking pure water.
  • Km0714
    Km0714 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    yeah that's fine! i heard about a new product i think its called desani drops, i think theres two flavors and theyre both 0 cals, you should check it out!
  • amberklucas
    amberklucas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love fresh squeezed lemon in my water! Yum! I also enjoy drinking room temperature water or warm water. I don't know why it works for me, but it does.
  • Krysannis
    Krysannis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can take fresh strawberry halves and put them in a pitcher with some water and let it sit in the fridge for about a day. It makes it nice and refreshing.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    The only way I drink water is if I drink from a bottle. I have a hard time with glasses. No clue as to why. Though, from reusing the bottle at work, I can drink three of those through out the day.

I think one at home..(my 64 ozs right there.)

Inbetween there I may decide to add a Propell zero..or something else. I do drink a can of diet dr pepper a day.

Oh and tea.