Low SODIUM Quick Low Calorie meals

Options
revloftis
revloftis Posts: 11 Member
Hey fellow fitness pals. I have lost some weight but am finding that while I am on my diet those pesky sodiums keep sneaking in. was wondering if any of you had any great Ideas.

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I cook with mrs dash I love all the flavors ...Good luck
  • adf4
    adf4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey Rev! It does seem to be hard when you're trying to find "quick and easy" things..they are all loaded w/ sodium! Maybe try cooking a lot of chicken or something at one time to eat on all week, etc. I have also struggled with this..looking forward to seeing others response!
  • revloftis
    Options
    Yea I thought I was being healthy by eat subway. NOTTTTTT. Have you seen the sodium content of sub lately.
  • revloftis
    Options
    I was thinking of doing something like that. What about those store bought Rotisserie Chickens. I wonder how safe those are.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing something like that. What about those store bought Rotisserie Chickens. I wonder how safe those are.

Do you own Rotisserie Chicken.

Take a whole chicken (washed), season, place it on aluminum foil balls in the crock pot and cook for 8 to 10 hours. Tastes just like the store bought ones, but YOU have control on the seasonings.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    don't know if you're into salads or not (it IS still winter after all..) but one of my favorite super super quick salads is a bag of rainbow slaw (from the produce section), chopped green onion, shredded chicken, and light sesame ginger salad dressing. viola, chinese chicken salad- and absolutely loaded with nutrients.