Best workout DVDs with no weights?

Options
Hi guys,

So far I have completed JM 30 day shred, JM Ripped in 30, JM Yoga Meltdown and I'm currently on to The Biggest Loser DVDS Cardio Max & Weight Loss Yoga.
What I love about all of these is I haven't needed weights to get results, for JM I was using 2 full water bottles to replace hand weights but since then I have tried to find work outs that don't require me to use hand weights.
My reason for this is I travel a lot and I find the extra weight in my luggage (when I already own far too many clothes, shoes, etc. already) is going to be a hassle for me as I am moving around, the same applies with a yoga mat.

What I want to know is work outs that have worked for you guys where you haven't needed weights in order to feel the burn and build on your fitness?

Replies

• khicks2288
    khicks2288 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to know too! I used a pair of high heels as weights one day because I couldn't find mine...lol
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to know too! I used a pair of high heels as weights one day because I couldn't find mine...lol

Ahahaha, as much as that is very creative, you have given me a hilarious mental image!
  • vieve1213
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD doesn't use any weights.

It's about 45 minutes of cardio and exercises that only use you own body weight. I love this one. It absolutely killed me the first time through it, but it's nice to see how much easier it gets after a few weeks.
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism????? Its all cardio and no weight required! Good luck!
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You could get a set of resistance bands to bring with you. They weigh almost nothing. I'm thinking through 30 Day Shred and I can't really think of any exercise that you can't replace the weights with bands. I imagine most videos you could do the same, though you might have to get a little creative here and there.
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    There's always insanity...That's how I got my abs :D

Your body is your equipment!

If you have any questions about it, feel free to PM or FR me!!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    How about you travel with a resistence band. Most of the exercises you can replace with a band instead of weights.
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love and have gotten amazing results (19in and 20lbs gone) from Turbofire! No weights needed, but you do use a reisitance band and a lower body band which are included with your purchase.
  • janeilm89
    Options
    I third Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism! Pretty intense workout, for me at least. Also, Bob Harper Ultimate Cardio Body is another *kitten*-kicker. They do use weights, but you can do every exercise on there without them. It's an hour long, lots of squats and lunges, definitely a good calorie burner.
  • khall86790
    Options
    You could get a set of resistance bands to bring with you. They weigh almost nothing. I'm thinking through 30 Day Shred and I can't really think of any exercise that you can't replace the weights with bands. I imagine most videos you could do the same, though you might have to get a little creative here and there.

I hadn't thought of resistance bands, to be honest I have never used them! How exactly do they work in terms of replacing weights? If you can give me an example from 30ds?
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I travel for work and this is what I bring:

resistance band

JM banish fat boost metabolism
    JM kickbox fastfix (there are 1 or 2 segments that use weights but I just don't use any during those)

http://pinterest.com/alpine1994/fitness-for-travelling/ (my pinterest, I love the quiet workout and there's a resistance band workout on there too)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Zumba!
  • gigigee
    gigigee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like the barre workouts - such as dailey method, barre method and barre 3.
    A lot of people like Jillian, but her personality and rah rah style get to me. I like the quieter videos.
    And best yoga video of all-time is the one with Ali McGraw (from > 10 yrs ago).
    No weights there, you just feel relaxed, stretched and great.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options

I hadn't thought of resistance bands, to be honest I have never used them! How exactly do they work in terms of replacing weights? If you can give me an example from 30ds?
    Step or lay on the band or hook it/wrap it around something else. You may be pulling a different direction (for example, during a chest fly, the resistance would be going up, instead of down, if you are laying over the band), but you should get basically the same workout.
  • khall86790
    Options

Step or lay on the band or hook it/wrap it around something else. You may be pulling a different direction (for example, during a chest fly, the resistance would be going up, instead of down, if you are laying over the band), but you should get basically the same workout.

Perfect, thanks! I am going to have a look next week :)
  • khall86790
    Options
    I travel for work and this is what I bring:

resistance band

JM banish fat boost metabolism
    JM kickbox fastfix (there are 1 or 2 segments that use weights but I just don't use any during those)

http://pinterest.com/alpine1994/fitness-for-travelling/ (my pinterest, I love the quiet workout and there's a resistance band workout on there too)

Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked it find myself without any DVDs to work from!
  • Ashellini
    Ashellini Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options

It's about 45 minutes of cardio and exercises that only use you own body weight. I love this one. It absolutely killed me the first time through it, but it's nice to see how much easier it gets after a few weeks.

Totally agree!! this one is killer!!
  • khall86790
    Options

Totally agree!! this one is killer!!

Out of curiosity, would you guys log this under circuit training? I am starting to think almost all of Jillian's & Biggest Loser DVDs (except yoga) should go under this, am I right?
  • beckettt75
    beckettt75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Shaun T's Insanity is one of the most intense workouts available on DVD. This workout does not require weights, it is max interval training (i.e. go hard for 3-4 mins then rest for 30 secs then repeat). Last year, I took the insanity challenge and got significant results (20lb loss and I didn't do the entire 60 days). I recommitted my self back to the challenge this week and I'm REALLY feeling it. If you want a really effective workout DVD, I highly recommend Insanity but I must warn you that Insanity is truly insane!!!