Just another NSV

Options
So, this is one of those things that don't mean much to anyone else, but it was HUGE to me.

We went out of town for a long weekend and stayed at a hotel with a pool. I had planned on swimming a lot, since I love swimming, but the pool was freezing! I can stand cold water, but this was the coldest water I've ever felt in a pool. About the temp of the coldest water gets coming out of a faucet. No, didn't really get to swim. Oh well.

BUT! Before I knew all that, I was in the bathroom getting my suit on. Once I had it on, I looked in the mirror and.... I liked what I saw. O_O I actually liked how I looked in my swimming suit!!! I mean, it wasn't a perfect picture (I'm not going for perfect anyway, lol), but it wasn't bad. There were some nice curves, kind of an hourglass figure. No one would have looked at me and thought the word "fat", which is a milestone in my book!

I think this is the first time since I was about 17 that I liked how I looked in a swimming suit.

Replies

• janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Congratulations! Also, even though you didn't get to swim, good job trying to stay on track exercising while traveling!
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! With all my skin sag...no one will ever see me in a bathing suit.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It just felt so very good!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    fab - good for you!!!!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yay! That is great!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congrats!
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I completely get how wonderful that must have felt; actually arriving at a place (physically and mentally) where a woman feels comfortable in her swimsuit is a HUGE milestone. This is my favorite line, BTW: "I'm not going for perfect." :)
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite line, BTW: "I'm not going for perfect." :)

Lol, thanks. I'm realistic. I'm not going to look like a super model and I don't even want to. Heck, super models don't even look like super models! And who's perfect anyway?

I am meeting a friend for a girls weekend in a few weeks and I know we'll be spending some time in the hot tub. Is it bad that I'm a little excited to get in my suit again? I'm not fishing for compliments or anything, just excited to have that good feeling. ^_^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!