Better'n peanut butter

Options
Has anyone tried better'n peanut butter? Is it good in protein shakes or on toast. I'm trying to cut fat from my diet and looking for good products.

Replies

• _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've tried it, and it's ok. It doesn't taste a thing like peanut butter though. It is very sweet. For protein shakes, I'd recommend pb2 or reg peanut butter. It's ok on toast, but I'd rather just have a smaller amount of real peanut butter.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have never tried Better n'peanut butter, but I use PB2 and LOVE it!!
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I use Better N' Peanut Butter sometimes - it's relatively tasty. Don't expect it to taste like Jif or Skippy, of course, but it doesn't taste bad. I use it on rice cakes. Once you open it though, it goes in the fridge, so not good for (untoased) bread because it won't spread well (if you are looking to make PB&J). Decent for celery, rice cakes, apples, things like that, and 80-100 calories less than most peanut butters.
  • PAZlady
    PAZlady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I tried it and hated it. It tasted nothing like PB to me.
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It doesn't taste like PB, but it's not bad. I'd never have it on toast, but I find it works well in shakes.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    It is sweeter, and has a different texture. But it is good, imo, and I buy both regular Skippy and Better N PB, because I like regular for apples and celery and I like Better on sandwiches.

It's worth a try!

It's also easier to deal with than PB2. Having to mix up the powder tends to make me choose the Better N PB rather than the PB2.

But I own all three!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    When you directly compare....
    1351463117267331_animate.gif
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I've tried it, and used it for a while.. then I tried PB2 and haven't looked back :-) If you don't mind mixing the powder (to use it as a spread), I'd recommend it over Better N PB
  • KWNurse
    KWNurse Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I read some other reviews online and think I will try PB2