Jillian Micheals Extreme Shed & Shred...

Options
Hi... Anyone got the above named dvd? If so what do you think of it?

I'am waiting for it to arrive :-P figured if this is the lady Pink turned to then so should I haha
If you have it could you plz let me know what you think of it.. Thanx in advance!

Replies

• robinr515
    Options
    I love it--however, of the six of her dvd's I have, it is by far the most difficult. You will get a great workout in, but I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner--it's better to start out with 30 Day Shred.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Actually, I find doing just level 1 of shed & shred easier than 30 day shred yet burned more calories

Either way, FANTASTIC dvd
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    I did 30ds then ripped in 30 now I doing both together! love them
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I love it! It really works ya. This past weekend I did Level 1 and Level 2 together for the first time. She basically just takes out the cool down from L1 and the warm up from L2 and squishes them together. It took 80 minutes but burned 750+ calories per my HRM and was an awesome workout. Just level 1 alone is about 40 min and burns over 400 cals for me. It's a good one!
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    Thanx everyone... I'm so excited now!

So can't wait for it to arrive :-P

Can any of you see results? (besides cals burnt) if so how long did it take to see the results?
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Any of Jillian's work outs are amazing to do so I am sure you will see results pretty fast, what I like most is that you notice your fitness level increasing within 3-4 times of doing it (especially at the beginning). She is very motivational!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Have it. I got it on a Groupon deal. Have yet to use it though.
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    Thanx ladies.. I have been exercising for about a month so feeling fitter but want to try new things that will challange my body more and give me results!

Feel like I have defo chose well now thanx to all of you :-P
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I have a few JM dvd's and Body Revolution and Extreme Shed & Shred is my least favorite of them all. Still good though. Now that another person commented and said it's the hardest one. I may have to revisit it (though I can't imagine it being harder than body revolution!)
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I do the 80 minute workout using the advanced options and I love it. The time goes by very quickly. Highest calories burned on the hrm so far is 701.
  • jennifeffer
    jennifeffer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have it and I really like it. I do find it difficult as well but totally worth it. I've done both levels at once only two times.........killer.
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Ooh. I think I need to try this. I'm just finishing up 30 Day Shred and looking for something new!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I finished 30 DS today, so I went out and bought ES&S. It looks intense. I'm nervous. {bites nails}
  • hatsuharu01
    hatsuharu01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am just about halfway through Level 1 of 30DS and am thinking about beginning this after I finish up with the other one. People's opinions of it is helpful. I am a big fan of Jillian and her dvd workouts :)
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    Come on ladies we can do this lol

The latter few coments are makin me nervous tbh but nerves are ace!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I am heading into day 3 of doing ESS. It is extremely difficult. Even the warmup is hard LOL. I don't know how much longer I will be able to do it.

One probably I am having is with my coordination when it comes to some of the exercises, such as kickboxing and boxing punches. My form is so off. Perhaps I need to practice doing them outside of the workout.
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    I am heading into day 3 of doing ESS. It is extremely difficult. Even the warmup is hard LOL. I don't know how much longer I will be able to do it.

One probably I am having is with my coordination when it comes to some of the exercises, such as kickboxing and boxing punches. My form is so off. Perhaps I need to practice doing them outside of the workout.

Firstly well done on your weight loss!!
    My excitement turned to tears today like ten mins in haha I think if we stick @ it we will soon master it :O
    I'm not even gonna look @ level 2 until I can do level 1 standin on my head haha