Wii fit plus

Options
Just wondering does anyone use the wii fit plus as a workout and how do you add it to your exercise on here? I did some of the push up/side plank things yesterday and meaning it was under strength on there I put it under strength workout on here. It didn't count for my daily/weekly goal. Should it have gone under cardiovascular? (sorry, I'm new and still trying to figure the site out)

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I do add the cardio workouts in the Wii, but not the strength/yoga. If you did this for a significant amount of time, you could look up and add as Yoga, perhaps. I usually don't have enough time to do more than 10 or 15 minutes in the morning before work, and hardly ever spend any real significant time with the strength exercises.
  • beetlejuicelover
    beetlejuicelover Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for answering. :) I normally try and do 25-40 minutes of the yoga., some of the strength and some of the games/balance.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really burn enough to worry about and if you have your budget set properly you shouldn't need to look for calories to eat. Wii Fit is far more of a game than it is a workout. There are some great workout games available for the Wii like EA Sports Active or Gold's Cardio.
  • beetlejuicelover
    Options
    I have the EA Sports Active, its just my nieces lost my bands so I'm kind of SOL right now when it comes to that. I also do the just sweat on my just dance three.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I use small hand weights with EA Sports instead of the bands. I find it works better.
  • beetlejuicelover
    Options
    same here. They lost the thing that goes on my arm and leg.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I've had my HRM on whilst doing Wii fit for an hour of mixed exercise and it burns as much for me as a zumba class 4-500 cals
    It depends on how much effort you put in. I have a platform that raises the board higher so steps are more of an effort, and I also use 10-15lb hand weights.

I lost my first 14lb just using the wii.
  • utakmybrethawa2
    Options
    beetlejuice - i lost mine once and you can actually purchase just that if you need it.... I found it after so now I have two, but the 2nd one I bought was much nicer and came with a stronger band. Some duct tape on your shorts works too but isn't as comfortable or functional...

I like the Wii Fit for the "exercise with out knowing it" feeling by doing rollerblade squats, and like you, I used it for stretching... You can always add "yoga" to count some calories on here, but like Mokey said it doesn't really amount to very much (unless you're going to do Bikram Yoga which is 90 minutes in 105 degree room!)