Getting to skinny

Options
I have been doing yoga daily and Cardio 3 days a week. I eat paleo, but not strictly. I include rice, dairy and have been thinking about adding oats back. I feel I am getting really skinny. I am 5'6'' and 145 lbs my bones are becoming more visible and I am not into it. I want to gain muscle mass especially in my core. How do I start the process of getting fit not just thinner?

Replies

• kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Check out www.blogilates.com
    Yoga is great, but pilates is AWESOME especially for toning and getting into that really fit and muscular body.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Definitely increase your caloric intake and add strength training to your routine. The heavier the weights the better!
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy and eat more.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Body mass is related to nutrition. If you want to be bigger, eat more. Smaller? eat less.

Body composition is related to workouts. If you want to be more muscular and strong, lift heavy weights.

Look up the New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    WEIGHTS!!!!! Weights, weights, weights!!!!!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Body mass is related to nutrition. If you want to be bigger, eat more. Smaller? eat less.

Body composition is related to workouts. If you want to be more muscular and strong, lift heavy weights.

Look up the New Rules of Lifting for Women.

What she said. I have this book (was recommended by one of my MFP's) I'm just about done and I am so happy I got it! I feel the same, I am 5'7 and 126. I need to gain, but want to gain in muscle and I am starting to lift heavier now!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    LIFT
    h672B1E8C
    NTyMh.gif