ugly belly shape :(

Options
I am undergoing very stupid and complexed problem since last few years
I have seen almost every body is having plain stomach. if they have belly fat its qually distributed in all areas of belly but my problem is my belly seems as if it is divided into 2portions. upper portion (just above my navel, my belly bulge is a size of 32inches and below navel , my belly buldge is of 34 in size. (i am trying to copy past the photo but unable to do so, kindly tell how can i upload the photo so that u pals could have better idea)

So what could be the reasons for that. and is there anybody who ever faced same problem???

How can i get rid of this ugly belly shape

Replies

• mrsdavid3
    Options
    My tummy is gross :/ I hate looking at it, I hate having to hide it. I have 4 kids, and since then it is lumpy on one side and stretched out on the other :( and I have 3 visible herinas (sp) at my belly button. Now i am having them fixed and I am told it will take away the bumps but the rest of it I dont know how to deal with. I think you can only work at your weight loss goals, and see what happens. I have seen many amazing transfermations and it all seems to work out in the end. Dont let your tummy decide who you are, let it be what drives you to do more and work harder. Godspeed
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Do you have children? Did you have a c-section? If the answers are yes then I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm hoping doing cardio will help burn the fat. If your stomach is lop-sided then the best thing to do is tranverse ab exercises. Sit-ups, crunches, etc. will make it worse.
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Do you have children? Did you have a c-section? If the answers are yes then I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm hoping doing cardio will help burn the fat. If your stomach is lop-sided then the best thing to do is tranverse ab exercises. Sit-ups, crunches, etc. will make it worse.

nO I AM Unmarried and have no child.
    i really have never seen anybody else bearing such an ugly tummy like mine :(
  • ntatbeeq
    Options
    My tummy is gross :/ I hate looking at it, I hate having to hide it. I have 4 kids, and since then it is lumpy on one side and stretched out on the other :( and I have 3 visible herinas (sp) at my belly button. Now i am having them fixed and I am told it will take away the bumps but the rest of it I dont know how to deal with. I think you can only work at your weight loss goals, and see what happens. I have seen many amazing transfermations and it all seems to work out in the end. Dont let your tummy decide who you are, let it be what drives you to do more and work harder. Godspeed

My problem is when i was 47KG only with a height of 5'6'' that problem was still with me. my whole body was so slim and tight but this tugly tummy .....i dnt knw what on earth has ever happen to it because i am seeing this shape of mine since my adolsence :(
  • cryswest57
    Options

nO I AM Unmarried and have no child.
    i really have never seen anybody else bearing such an ugly tummy like mine :(

Awww. :( Well, regardless if you do reverse crunches, it should help you after a few months of doing it, plus cardio.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I think I know what you mean....it sucks :(
  • tazminacat
    Options
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I have the same double belly you described. I don't know what made my stomach divide that way or how to get rid of it, but I am hoping that losing the weight will at least lessen the double bulge. I do sit ups on my exercise ball but haven't seen results from that......ever.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS and found out that my ugly double belly was "apple shape" as a result of it.
  • cryswest57
    Options
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I have the same double belly you described. I don't know what made my stomach divide that way or how to get rid of it, but I am hoping that losing the weight will at least lessen the double bulge. I do sit ups on my exercise ball but haven't seen results from that......ever.

It sounds like you have ab separation. Sit-ups, crunches, etc. can make it worse. Tranverse ab exercises help close the ab separation.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I think I used to have a similar problem before I started building muscle in my abdomen. Now, I don't notice that double belly thing at my navel. But warning! My overall waist has increased in size a tiny pit, it's just that now under the, now, smaller layer of fat is a much larger than before layer of muscle. Maybe my muscle is kinda pushing out on the fat and flattening the fat a bit.
  • ntatbeeq
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS and found out that my ugly double belly was "apple shape" as a result of it.

So are you still having apple shape belly or its fine now??
  • ntatbeeq
    Options
    I think I know what you mean....it sucks :(

Do u also have double belly???or do u know anybody who has such belly???
    if yes, then how are u people treating such UGLY shaped belly :(
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I hate my belly too. I look perpetually pregnant. I have a serious apple shape going on. It's like most of my excess weight is in my belly.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Everybody's body is different and unique. Learn to love your body. :heart:

and hey, at least you’re not missing your legs, or an arm, or have any other deformities. Be grateful for what you DO have. :flowerforyou:
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do.

What you can do to help is to build muscle and lower your body fat. Best way to do that is eat at a slight surplus and lift heavy weights. When you build muscle you have better results with fat loss and more muscle shapes your body very well.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you're talking about. It's the same with me and I feel your frustration.

I've noticed the more cardio and strength training I do, the more it goes down. Only after I exhausted most of my fat on my wrists and feet :grumble: A workout called the 30 Day Shred has shrunk a portion of the upper ( About an inch and I went from it hanging over the belly button to actually seeing the belly button. ) I can't say this will work for everyone since people lose weight in different spots and you can't spot target, but it's worth a shot.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

and hey, at least you’re not missing your legs, or an arm, or have any other deformities. Be grateful for what you DO have. :flowerforyou:

I agree with this as well!

Focus on what you do like about your body
  • ntatbeeq
    Options

i am grateful for everything but i always wonder what could be reasons behind this shape
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have the same...I have lost about 60 lbs and while it has become smaller, the shape of it has remained the same. It's obvious I still have more fat to lose so I'm trying to just have a wait and see approach for when I get to my goal weight...then decide what needs to be done, if anything.

It is terribly frustrating and not very good for the self-esteem though...
  • javagsd
    Options
    To be safe, I'd recommend visiting your Dr. I have a misshaped bulge - a large hernia. I wouldn't have known without a Dr.s exam.