Lost my mojo

And not sure where it went. Had a rough couple of days, determined to get back on the wagon today and not beat myself up about yesterdays crap. Totes lost my motivation!

Replies

• I can so relate!!!! I lost mine for a while, but am really trying to get back on my journey. Have to remember I am in charge of where this is going and not to let anyone or anything else throw me off again!!! Good luck - stay strong!!!!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Did Dr. Evil steal it?

Dr_Evil.jpg
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Mine ran off with it's lover Motivation a few weeks back, I'm still trying to track them both down!
  • codylee98
    codylee98 Posts: 37 Member
    I did too, had a couple of days going over, including a late night cracker binge. I just decided that it wasn't worth throwing away the progress I've made and that I could get back up on that horse at any time. Just forget about the mis-steps and keep on truckin'!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Weren't you hungry?
  • disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    LOL yep. I blame Dr Evil. I was hungry, then I ate oatmeal. Then hot chips :(
  • mockchoc
    You should be logging it all :)
  • disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    i honestly have no idea how much i ate grrr.
  • mockchoc
    Yeah been there done that! Xmas holidays was worst.
  • dogetta
    dogetta Posts: 61 Member
    i honestly have no idea how much i ate grrr.
    I guesstamate when this happens to me
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    You are not alone. Everyone goes through lows and highs. No person has a perfect record. Log everything even if you don't remember it exactly right, just put in your best guess. I have days from 4000 calories down to no calories and have still lost weight. It doesn't matter if I screwed up yesterday or last month or last year, I still can make a difference today or tomorrow. You can do this, just stick with it. Keep trying.
  • Tucsonwoman
    Tucsonwoman Posts: 38 Member
    I know......I watched my diet all day, came home and grabbed a handful of peanuts and a Pepsi.......grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Off to the health club for an hour to try and do damage control.
  • lklkl5
    lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
    I just went through this. I allowed myself a 2 day vacation. I didn't go junk food crazy or anything like that I just took a break from the meal planning, calorie calculation and analyzing every bite. It was a nice mental break. I also took the time to look into new recipes which helped me to be reinvigorated upon returning to plan. Hang in there, we all have these moments.
  • dogetta
    dogetta Posts: 61 Member
    Per your diary you intake is poor a shake or two no real food. I would lose my motivation and would probably feel like crap.Try eating scheduled cals for the day to maintain metabolism. You didnt put wt on over night and its going to take some time befor it comes off..
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    I have been 'down' for about a month or so now....my problem is that I start to do really really well, start to see numbers I havent seen in YEARS and for some reason that I have GOT TO FIGURE OUT, I begin to sabotage myself.....feel very much like a failure and totally out of control.....do this EVERY time....its a bad tape playing in my head and I KNOW I have the ability to control it....just not sure what the heck I am 'afraid' of and why I stop......just so frrustrating.......WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I don't think anyone loses their desire to achieve their goals though. In our heart of hearts we always want it. When I feel my motivation waning I reassess. Sometimes it's because I'm disorganized again. Sometimes I need to look at new goals because old ones no longer apply. Other times I need to do revision and go back through diary to remember how I started and the rules/structure I gave myself. They help me act the part even if I'm not feeling it. Sometimes I'm simply bored so i try and find new exercise or extra incidental movement that has a practical purpose as well..like walking to school, shopping. Or i look at cookbooks or read up on health so that I'm doing something towards it at least. Then there are days where I realize I need to clear something out like paperwork or a cupboard or whatever is bothering me so I can continue on. And there are days that I have a break too. This can drag out but I go back to structure still until it settles. Motivation needs topping up as much as a plant needs watering. It's not just there and it stays there..gotta always find a way...trick yourself into it sometimes.