What are your goal weight rewards?

Options
I was thinking either jewelry or designer jeans (because normally, I would never spend $100+ on a pair of jeans...but hey, it's a reward!).

What are some things you're going to reward yourself with once you hit your goal weight?

Replies

• junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    I have this little vintage skirt that I found at a garage sale in high school. It's a black and white houndstooth pattern, and it's pencil-style (eesh! with my hips the way they are, I can't believe I could ever pull that off!). I wore it all the time then, and I still have it. One of my rewards will be to strut my stuff in it, in public, with a cute little pair of shoes. This skirt is probably my favorite item of clothing of all time, but it's been ten years since I wore it last. It's about time!
  • amillionmegs
    amillionmegs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Professional teeth whitening since I'll be smiling all the time once my goal is reached! :)

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    1) EASY TONE sneakers (B-day gift in Aug)
    2) ChaLean Extreme or P90X when I hit 20 pounds lost
    3) When I reach my goal a mini vacation (somewhere hot)
    4) When I reach my goal go and try on wedding dresses again to show my mom I can wear my dream dress
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    For me it was a whole new wardrobe cause I needed it. DH needed a few new clothes but bought hobby stuff too.

My husband and I set a one year goal. We set 500 dollars in a pool. In one year (may 1) if you are at your goal wt (close) you get 1/2 the pot. If the other one is more than 5 lbs above it, you get the whole thing. I am hoping for 250!
  • yukifer
    yukifer Posts: 41
    Options
    Rewarding yourself is great, but I read this article (attached) and it scared the crap out of me and got me excited at the same time. You may enjoy :smile:

http://www.goteammo.com/content/physique-transformation-101
  • catrinav2005
    Options
    I've been wanting to get another tattoo, on my side, up near my ribs but I can't show it off right now so there's no point in getting it! Once I reach my goal I'll be getting it and I'll be wearing a bikini to show it off!! :D
  • Always_lil_j
    Options
    For me it was a whole new wardrobe cause I needed it. DH needed a few new clothes but bought hobby stuff too.

My husband and I set a one year goal. We set 500 dollars in a pool. In one year (may 1) if you are at your goal wt (close) you get 1/2 the pot. If the other one is more than 5 lbs above it, you get the whole thing. I am hoping for 250!

Thats awesome. I love the way you think with the hoping for 250.
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    I don't have a reward for my goal weight since my weight isn't something I am to worried about getting too but I am running a 5k in July in honor of my uncle who passed away from lung cancer 2 years ago..I already have a cancer ribbon tattoo on my side and I plan on rewarding myself with adding some stuff to it. I love having him with me at all times. or I might just get a whole new one..depends!
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Rewarding yourself is great, but I read this article (attached) and it scared the crap out of me and got me excited at the same time. You may enjoy :smile:

http://www.goteammo.com/content/physique-transformation-101

What a great article!

And my current rewards are in my signature - so that I can't forget about them
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Well designer jeans are a must for sure!!! LOL no more LB right fit red jeans for me - no sir!!! LOL

Jewelry = absolutely! I actually bought myself a beautiful ring a couple weeks ago to commemorate my journey. It's my starting piece. I have decided that once I am in "1derland" I will reward myself with a ring to symbolize the fact that I will NEVER again have a 2 as the first number of my weight (I don't remember exactly when I hit 200 but I remember very vividly being 14 yes 14 and weighing myself and seeing 214...sigh, it's been a very long time in the 200's!!! So, with that being said, you can bet that my "goal" ring is going to be F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.!!!!!!!

I like jewelry because it pretty much can last forever. It is symbolic, and I can pass it on to my daughters (when I start having kids that is!). No matter what happens in life, I can take out these pieces and reflect on the amazing journey I have been on. I have other rings that marked significant times in my life (and necklaces and earrings). When I finished college my mom and dad bought me the most fabulous ring and although I don't wear it very often, whenever I look at it I am reminded of my accomplishment. I hope to give it to my first daughter when she graduates college.... :) Ahhhh can't wait!!!
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have a few little 'incentives' for when I reach my target:

My boyfriend intentionally didn't buy me much for my birthday, and when i reach my target weight he's buying me an outfit.
    When i get down to 11st7lbs I'm going to get my hair coloured.

I was thinking about this earlier, and I hadn't decided on my own reward for getting down to my target weight... I think I've decided on laser eye surgery
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    A new tattoo, a pedicure (it'll be end of summer! my toes gots to look perty!! May just get this done before our trip to Florida early August! WHOOP!), whole new wardrobe, definitely new bikinis (especially seeing how last year's fit me this week!! ha!), some new high heels to seriously STRUT my stuff... definitely new fitness gear.
  • angelajeanne23
    Options
    I get a new tattoo when I get to my halfway point...4 pounds to go!! (I've got it picked out already. Yay!)

When I get to my final goal I'm still not sure what I'll get. I was thinking of treating myself to a spa day. Facial, massage, mani, pedi, etc.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    WHEN I get down to regulation weight, I'll probably have a pretty unsightly skin flap - so... maybe a little nip/tuck.
  • casshole
    casshole Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im getting my hair done in a few days to celebrate being able to stick to it. I've been saving $5 a check minimum into a secret "reward stash" that I will take shopping once I get to my goal weight. Im also going to get a tattoo on my hips too
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    My reward for reaching goal #1, 170 pounds and 30 pounds lost is a heart rate monitor. I think they'll definitely help me lose the next 30 pounds and since they're pricey it's something I wouldn't buy normally.

Once I reach 170 pounds, I think I'll set small rewards for myself in 10 pound increments. Altho my goal is to be able to wear a bikini before the pool closes on Labor Day. We'll see if my body is ready for that by then, it's hard to tell right now at 182 pounds what it will look like at 170 or 160. I think if I hit my goal weight of 140, I'm gonna take a vacation to somewhere warm, like a long weekend on a caribbean island, to show off my new body.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I like rewards and do treat myself to them...but, honestly, having my husband and friends notice that I look good and tell met I have lost weight is such a SWEET feeling, I can't think of anything more great than that!!! I really don't have a good self esteem so hearing these things are huge for me...and out of the 5 love languages...I am "words of affirmation" so that is how I feel loved. just thought I would add that little tidbit :wink:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I got a new Lucky Brand jeans and a new bikini when I reached my goal weight! My hubby bought it for me!
    bottoms:
    https://shopbeenvied.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=77&products_id=1626&osCsid=v748mhsl50ca9ink8mq8j09ni1
    Top:
    https://shopbeenvied.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=77&products_id=1625&osCsid=32n74sh0c55uavok427h61k6q4

If you're looking for cute bikini's when you reach your goal weight check out the sinful bikin by Affliciton! Such cute stuff!
    http://www.afflictionclothingstore.com/Swimwear/products/50/

I also got to take out all of my size 4s and 6s and wear them again! It was like getting a new wardrobe!
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I got my hair done (colored and cut) and I'm planning on buying new clothes :)
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Having failed the diet and exercise thing in the past, i knew that the only way to motivate myself was to get others to do it with me. I created a group on facebook with my friends and we all work together to get to our goal weight. once we ALL achieve our goal, we're all gonna take a cruise together to celebrate! i can't wait! I have lost 28 pounds so far, only 52 to go! :)