Any other Les Mills instructors/fanatics?

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Nikki and if you can't tell by my name, I love wine. I am a Les Mills BODYFLOW instructor :) a new one! I love Les Mills! The classes helped shape me completely from the inside out. I have lost 25 pounds since September 2012 and almost 50 since January :) I'm looking for friends who are active and motivating! Add me!

Replies

• Layla76
    Layla76 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Right now Im doing Turbo Fire and I love it. But starting next month I will be doing Les Mills Combat. I cant wait, Ive heard great things about it!
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki!! I LOVE Les Mills! I started with Pump and have now moved on to Combat which is by far my favorite!! I am in the process of starting a challenge group right now for Combat!!
    Congrats on your weight loss!! That's amazing!!
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki,

My name is Fiona and I have been doing LesMills Combat since the end of December. Mixing it with half marathon training (ie. running). Love other Les Mills programs too. I have a GoodLife membership so I have tried a few other of their classes. I am starting a LesMIlls Combat challenge with bnjones in March. So ya you could say I am an enthusiast.

One of my goals for the next 12 months is to become a personal trainer. What is the training to become a Les Mills trainer like? Any links to info about it? I need to do my research so I can find my way to that goal right. :)
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yes I love les mills! I do Attack twice a week and then Pump, Step and RPM all once a week. Attack and step are my favourite, I just wish my gym offered all the classes! I will try grit eventually too. There's no other work out I love doing more. These classes make me push myself to my limits. There's no way I'd burn that many calories working out on my own. LOVE LES MILLS!
  • nikkionwine
    Options
    Hi Nikki,

My name is Fiona and I have been doing LesMills Combat since the end of December. Mixing it with half marathon training (ie. running). Love other Les Mills programs too. I have a GoodLife membership so I have tried a few other of their classes. I am starting a LesMIlls Combat challenge with bnjones in March. So ya you could say I am an enthusiast.

One of my goals for the next 12 months is to become a personal trainer. What is the training to become a Les Mills trainer like? Any links to info about it? I need to do my research so I can find my way to that goal right. :)

Awesome! I have been wondering what the LM Combat at home thing is like but I'm not willing to spend the money when I can do it for free at the gym, hehe

Training is...tiring, humbling, fun, amazing! It's 2 full days, starting with a masterclass and then lots and lots of learning and technique/form critique, lots of presenting...and then you either pass or you get a pass withheld. Pass means you have 8 weeks to go back, team teach 4x, record yourself teaching a full class and send it in. Pass withheld is 12 weeks to team teach 8x and then send in a dvd. I passed, my DVD goes out tomorrow. It's all up to the assessors now!
  • nikkionwine
    Options
    Yes I love les mills! I do Attack twice a week and then Pump, Step and RPM all once a week. Attack and step are my favourite, I just wish my gym offered all the classes! I will try grit eventually too. There's no other work out I love doing more. These classes make me push myself to my limits. There's no way I'd burn that many calories working out on my own. LOVE LES MILLS!

I Love ATTACK! If I go to another training, that will probably be it. Or CXWORX. Haven't tried bodystep as our gym doesn't have it, but I'm going to the LM quarterly in 2 weeks so I'll try it then!
  • kck21886
    Options
    Hey! I would really love to become an instructor, Ive been doing body pump/combat/step for sometime now and I am absolutely in love with Les Mills. The atmosphere of the classes are just amazing. Would you have any advice for someone who wants to become an instructor? Should I reach out to as many of the instructors as possible? or just sign up @ Les Mills and just do it?! LOL , Im in the process of getting my GFI certification through ACE and I know this is the format I would love to teach! when I walk into class and we are in the middle of doing some of the combos, I get super fired up! love it!
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I do Les Mills Body pump and Body Combat! =) I plan on learning to teach Combat sometime too!
  • arielkaylou
    arielkaylou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd week of Les Mills Combat and I love it :D
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Les Mills classes are great. Use to do them back home.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,901 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Body Pump since the beginning. They actually showed the instructors VHS at the first class to explain what it was all about. That was around 14 years or so ago. I have Les Mills pants and almost a dozen tops. Love it. If I could find the time I would instruct the class. I have also done the step. But I love lifting weights!

Shelley
  • Chanti1620
    Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i'm doing Les Mills Body Pump and I love it!! Rated in my top two bEst fitness purchases
  • bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Planning to do it on our gym... mostly women go there though so hmmmm....
  • WhyDelilah79
    WhyDelilah79 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've noticed the classes are mostly women too.