Tea!

So I've never been much of a fan of tea, but let's be honest, it has SO MANY benefits to your health. I'm really looking to become a tea drinker and work my way into making it a daily habit.

Any brand/type recommendations or tea favorites you'd like to share? :)

Replies

• I LOVE tea!! I have a mug of hot tea in the morning just black leaf regular tea (lipton tea bags). I have it with stevia! Then normally I have a second mug after the gym.... and I also have "sleepy time tea" at night... just soothing tea.

There are a ton to try, go to the store and a lot of brands have sample boxes that have 3 or 4 different. Raspberry is good too! Irish morning time tea is good too!

Enjoy!!
  • stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    I drink green tea in the morning ... :drinker:
    If we have it, Ill drink a chamomille tea at night Enjoy!!!
  • My favorite brands are Stash and Tazo, both are available at any grocery store. I drink black, white and red teas mostly. Not in love with green tea. You can also grow your own herbs and steap fresh leaves-I like doing this with my mint in summer!
  • Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    I am not a tea drinker either but the other day I bought my first box of tea and now I am hooked! I bought the Yogi brand Raspberry Passion Perfect Energy tea! Its so good if you add a sweetener (or two haha) I drink it cold with a Truvia in the morning and it is a nice sweet drink that has ZERO calories even with the Truvia and it really does give you energy! Go try it!
    Oooh that sounds so yummy! I will def. have to try that out. Truvia is my sweetener of choice also. :)
  • Femmekid
    My husband has mentioned that he also wants to drink tea so we shall have to play around with brands and flavors. :)
  • Femmekid
    My favorite brands are Stash and Tazo, both are available at any grocery store. I drink black, white and red teas mostly. Not in love with green tea. You can also grow your own herbs and steap fresh leaves-I like doing this with my mint in summer!
    I'm familiar with both of those brands. I've only ever had the Tazo Passion tea which was pretty good.
  • PamVee01
    PamVee01 Posts: 4 Member
    I usually have a super large green tea in the morning and camomile tea at night. i love tea!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    :flowerforyou: i drink a gal a day of green tea, it helps you lose weight. i like lipton pomagrante tea. you don't even have to use sugar. i like mine iced. i will sen a friend request your way. perhaps we can do this together!
  • Femmekid
    :flowerforyou: i drink a gal a day of green tea, it helps you lose weight. i like lipton pomagrante tea. you don't even have to use sugar. i like mine iced. i will sen a friend request your way. perhaps we can do this together!
    Pomegranate tea sounds delicious. I'm excited to try that out!
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    That's great my recommendations are STAH TEA AND TEA REPUBLIC ARE MY CHOICE THEY have great flavors I think u should try SLEEPY TIME TEA u will sleep like a baby try it
  • When I work the night shift nothing happens until I've had my tea. Yorkshire tea is my current choice, it's nice and strong. The teabags are pretty generous, good for a 16oz mug.

It's good to stay hydrated. And there's something just so comforting about tea, it's energizing when I'm feeling sluggish, helps me feel better if I'm sick, calms me down if I'm upset, warms me up on a cold day... yay for tea! :)
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    So I've never been much of a fan of tea, but let's be honest, it has SO MANY benefits to your health. I'm really looking to become a tea drinker and work my way into making it a daily habit.

Any brand/type recommendations or tea favorites you'd like to share? :)

I love good earth brand original. Very sweet and cinnamony. You don't need to add sweetener and it comes in caffeine free. My fav way to drink it is with sugar free coffee mate screamer. A whole 30 cals in a 24oz glass.

We also drink celestial seasoning brand.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Aaaarrrgh loves me tea! :wink:
  • kimleroy
    kimleroy Posts: 50 Member
    I try to drink green tea every day. Right now I've got Lipton Purple Acai and Blueberry flavor, which is yummy and full of antioxidants! Overall, green tea has been shown to promote fat loss when consumed regularly. I add just a little bit of sugar to mine so its still not very many calories at all.
  • I have really grown to love tea, and I think you will too, if you try some different types and make a habit of drinking the ones you like often. :) One brand I really like is Twining's - their green tea and jasmine is my favorite, but they have a wide selection of flavors for different types of tea. Republic of Tea is also great - they have a vanilla almond black tea i really like right now.

Some cheaper brands like Celestial Seasonings is good, as well.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    I like Celestial Seasonings Herbal Fruit Teas. There's quite a few flavors: Tangerine Orange, Blueberry, Lemon, Cranberry Apple, Raspberry, Cinnamon Apple Spice, Black Cherry...there are some others but those are the ones that I really like. I personally find them sweet enough that I don't need to add anything, and they make perfect iced teas in the summer :).
  • ktrites
    ktrites Posts: 5 Member
    Mighty Leaf tea is pretty good, but you will fall in love with loose leaf teas! If there is a tea place near your house CHECK IT OUT! It's fun to smell all the different types.

I too drink green tea for breakfast and after my mid day meal but it can be a fun drink too. I am drinking a red velvet cake tea right now...its like a calorie free dessert!
  • I agree with everyone ! I was never a big tea person, but absolutely love it now and include it with my breakfast on most days! I'm partial to bigelow " Pomegranate Green Tea at breakfast!!" Sometimes a nice mug of "sweet dreams" tea at night!

It also doesn't hurt that it has zero calories! And I too love to add two or three tsp of stevia/truvia !
  • loose leaf for me.. I love Key Lime Pie tea (its a black tea) Or coconut almond which is a red tea... Basically anything full of antioxidants, that taste like dessert and are cal free lol
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Love tea. One of my favorites is chai of course. However another favorite is any of them with Yerba Mate in them. They give me a great boost of energy I just do not get from coffee. I Like to pick up the Chocolate Yerba Mate made by Guayaki. It is a lighter version of hot cocoa.

My family drinks tea by the gallons in the evening as my hubby used to be addicted to soda. For that we buy the Lipton and they ice it and sweeten it as they like.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    I drink mine black. have gotten more into teas a few months ago and been trying a few flavors - here in Canada we have President's Choice which has a large chain of products and their teas aren't bad at all. My favourite so far is chocolatey mint, tastes like an After Eight! Other good ones are peach mango or raspberry and peppermint,ginger and fennel tea. the last one's decaf but tastes quite nice and is a good one to have at night as it does have a sort of soothing effect
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Spend a little bit more and get the good stuff. Maybe try a tea store where you can sample different flavors? I have bought so many boxes of tea and while I consider myself to be crazy about the stuff many of them do not taste good and sit on my shelf for years.

For an everyday black tea that is affordable I like the tea room blend from Taylor's of Harrogate.
  • RSD73
    RSD73 Posts: 18 Member
    Peppermint tea is my favorite. It's pretty much the only tea I like without sugar. It helps fill up the tummy when it gets a bit growly mid-afternoon!
  • Keep in mind that if you're looking for the health benefits that are supposed to be found with tea, you will want to stick with actual tea. Herbal infusions (chamomile, peppermint, anything marked "herbal tea") and red tea are NOT made of actual tea. Only white, green, black, and oolong tea are tea. Check the ingredients before you buy.
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Green tea after my workouts (gives you the same benefits of eating green veggies in fighting free radicals present after intense exercise and kicks my metabolism into gear for my post exercise snack), and Celestial Seasoning's Honey Vanilla Chamomile before bed, or if I have a sweet tooth! It is delicious.
  • Check out: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/best-teas-weight-loss-pt-1
    One of my MFP friends told me about this. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to. I'm going to try the Pu Erh, White tea, and Bilberry teas. I had to order the Pu Erh and Bilberry because there's no "natural foods" stores near my hometown.

I'm definitely a tea drinker, absolutely hate coffee (unless it has a ton of milk & sugar of course): My vice is English breakfast black tea with some soy milk and sweetner. YUM!
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Green teas and white teas are nice. It depends why you don't like tea - it's easy for it to become bitter.

People who are very particular about tea will tell you to only buy tea leaves, never bags. Apparently the bags can be made up of sweepings and dust from dried leaves, and don't taste as good. And how you make it really matters - make sure you use boiling water, and heat the teapot first. I hate it when I'm in a restaurant and they bring me a pot of hot water along with a tea bag - the tea needs to go in when it's boiling. I don't know why, but it makes a big difference to the taste.

Happy experimenting!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    I am a huge tea drinker. Republic of Tea is a great place to start!
  • Green tea after my workouts (gives you the same benefits of eating green veggies in fighting free radicals present after intense exercise and kicks my metabolism into gear for my post exercise snack), and Celestial Seasoning's Honey Vanilla Chamomile before bed, or if I have a sweet tooth! It is delicious.

Yum, the Honey Vanilla Chamomile sounds good.
  • Evilsick
    Evilsick Posts: 20 Member
    Yes! More and more tea!
    I really like Licorice tea, it's naturally sweetened and kinda gives you that taste in the back of your mouth of sugar, if you like sweets, I actually have to get more of that, it's by stash in like a periwinkle colored box, My newest one I'm finishing up right now is a Pomegranate Raspberry Green tea, I like green tea, just not the dry taste it leaves in my mouth, so I found something fruity for the winter.