Detox

Options
Does anybody know of a good (and not completly disgusting) detox? I'd like to clean out my system but would like some opinions. Has anybody ever done this?

Replies

• leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    Traders Joes has a good one thats only like $9.99 I think.

It doesn't involve restricting food or anything. Just fiber pills, and some herbals for liver function, and diuretic. Plus magnesium and some other stuff. Its a two week cleanse. I liked it, but I prefer fasting. But if you aren't looking for something intense or drinking wierd things, then this is a good one.

Also check out www.elsonhaas.com
    Dr. Haas has really good nutrition info and detox info. He is known as the Detox doc. His book, The New Detox Diet is really good. It goes through everything from fasting, juice fasting, smoothie cleanses and raw food diets. I use the recipes all the time. They are really yummy and not weird at all.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Fruits & Vegetables work great!

I know that's not what you were looking for, but seriously. I tried 2 different ones I bought for around $40 each that were supposed to be really good. It didn't seem to do much of anything. You had to drink this disgusting powder and capsules and I was so annoyed that it wasn't working IMO. I feel more "detoxed" when I eat a lot of whole fruits & veggies.
  • wmc254
    wmc254 Posts: 2
    Options
    Try a gentle cleanse to start with and then after 6 months or so you can go to a stronger one (not gross). I use Renew 7 day Total Body Cleanse. The 30 day ones are a bit much for me to commit too. Good luck!

http://www.renewlife.ca/products.php?id=47
    http://www.renewlife.ca/products.php?id=87
  • GRose
    GRose Posts: 69
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • iluv70s
    iluv70s Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have used a product from Advocare that is really good. It's not just a cleanse, it's a detox, and it cleanses all toxins from your body, including your thyroid, and all organs. www.advocare.com/10012931

I have also used the Jillian Michael's detox, and it's good too.
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi there,

Any Renew Life cleanses work great and are usualy mild. I've have recently tried the Wild Rose cleansing kit. I have to say that it was a bit more complicated then the Renew Life cleanses but it was so worth it! I lost 10lbs and felt great during the 2 weeks!!

Good Luck!
  • AbiLuV
    AbiLuV Posts: 47
    Options
    Your body will detox itself naturally (that's what our livers are for ;). You can try a simple diet for a week or two. LOTS of veggies, chicken breast, simple grains like rice, LOTS of water and/or tea, some fruit.

Stay away from dairy, bread, citrus fruits, and starchy veggies. Not saying these foods are bad... its just that our bodies digest them differently and it takes longer to break them down. Also, salts (try Mrs. Dash on the chicken) and packaged/processed foods.
  • twoes
    twoes Posts: 30
    Options
    I used the SlimQuik plan once and I think it went well to kick start a good cleansing.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Your body will detox itself naturally (that's what our livers are for ;). You can try a simple diet for a week or two. LOTS of veggies, chicken breast, simple grains like rice, LOTS of water and/or tea, some fruit.

Stay away from dairy, bread, citrus fruits, and starchy veggies. Not saying these foods are bad... its just that our bodies digest them differently and it takes longer to break them down. Also, salts (try Mrs. Dash on the chicken) and packaged/processed foods.

^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^

Detoxes bought from a store do NOT work, and they could cause more harm than good. Use your money and spend it on beautiful produce and stay away from anything artificial, that is all the "detox" you need.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^

Detoxes bought from a store do NOT work, and they could cause more harm than good. Use your money and spend it on beautiful produce and stay away from anything artificial, that is all the "detox" you need.

Seconding (or thirding) THIS!!!!!!!!

Your liver and kidneys do all the detoxing you need. Drink some extra water and when your pee goes clear, you'll know it's working. Free, healthy and safe!
  • Dancey30
    Dancey30 Posts: 8
    Options
    www.advocare.com/10058066

It is a 10 day cleanse for your body and gets you started on teaching you how to eat properly. Yes you can do things on your own. But if you are at all like me you need a plan or schedule to go by. This is a great one :)

AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE TIME OFF WORK TO USE IT!!