Bathing my puppy

Options
How many calories do you burn from bathing a puppy? Mine is about the size or a healthy "chubby" adult cat.

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count calories on that.. it isn't actually cardio.. consider it a little bonus...
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Seriously? About as many as you having a shower. Do some real exercise instead of trying to justify life.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,098 Member
    Options
    Seriously? About as many as you having a shower. Do some real exercise instead of trying to justify life.

It's her first post....chillax ....she has a clean puppy. That should count for something. Granted, not exercise, but still.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Oh, and hey, OP....Pictures!!!!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Okay, those previous 2 posters have never bathed a CRAZY puppy!!! I've had puppies before that Jillian Michaels would have had to stop and take a break while bathing them!!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Okay, those previous 2 posters have never bathed a CRAZY puppy!!! I've had puppies before that Jillian Michaels would have had to stop and take a break while bathing them!!

Did you see the "Dog Whisperer" episode where he was called to help Jillian with her ill-behaved dog? :laugh: Funny that tough-girl Jillian couldn't control her pooch.
  • nikitittle
    Options
    Oh geeze.. Now I feel like I shouldn't have made a post at all. It was just a question because I didn't know what to add it to on my calorie counter because I like to try and add everything I do.

Very sorry.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Oh geeze.. Now I feel like I shouldn't have made a post at all. It was just a question because I didn't know what to add it to on my calorie counter because I like to try and add everything I do.

Very sorry.

This is accounted for in your activity level.

Unless you do genuine or intentional exercise I wouldn't count it for fear of overestimating what I was truly burning.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Psssst! CMR, her ticker.
  • nezsorou
    Options
    I have no idea how you work it in.
    I have a 95lb GSD mix, a 70lb cattle dog/pyrenees mix, a 45lb Chow, and a 60lb Chow/Husky mix. If I bathe them one after the other ... it is definitely work. If I start trying to brush out the chow and chow mixes undercoats ...... I well may perish. :laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

It's her first post....chillax ....she has a clean puppy. That should count for something. Granted, not exercise, but still.

Yeah lol. Take it easy on the new peeps. They are still figuring things out.

OP - I know you want to record everything but I wouldn't. Don't worry about logging the little things. Instead focus on logging your actual exercises and eating at your calorie goal. Also, as a tip, just know that if you are using MFP's calculations, MFP does expect you to eat your exercise calories back :). (Just putting it out there because I know it was one of the questions I wondered when starting out :) )
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    OP - I know you want to record everything but I wouldn't. Don't worry about logging the little things. Instead focus on logging your actual exercises and eating at your calorie goal. Also, as a tip, just know that if you are using MFP's calculations, MFP does expect you to eat your exercise calories back :). (Just putting it out there because I know it was one of the questions I wondered when starting out :) )

:drinker:
  • cmriverside
    Options

Psssst! CMR, her ticker.

cool. Thanks, Davpul. She didn't have that up at first....cute doggie.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My job is to bathe cats and dogs at a pet salon and i never count those as exercise calories :P Not gonna lie though, when i first started this website i did count those........but now i realize it's not really exercise.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    0. She was an angel. Well, once she was finished getting muddy in the first place.