Newbie with a boatload of weight to lose...

Options
Hello, my name is Sarah. I weigh a lot right now and have never been public about my weight loss journeys before. I figured if I maybe share my struggles and triumphs with other people maybe I'll finally have success. The reason for my awakening is that I recently turned 30 and suddenly realized how quickly my life is going by. I have got to get myself to a healthy weight so I can live longer for myself, my husband and my kids. That's pretty much it.

Replies

• mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    good luck on your journey!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am here for the SAME reason. Alot to loose and not alot of support at home! I will friend ya... and together we can beat this! :)
  • sarahdal
    sarahdal Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks Guys:) I need all the help I can get!
  • amber138138
    Options
    Me too Sarah. My baby is 2 and I just feel like a fat blob. It's time to get rid of it! Good luck to you!
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    Welcome! Great job for wanting to take control of your health! I also have alot to lose- a grand total of 160 pounds (a whole person!) and have lost a little more than 1/3 of it so far. It can really seem daunting, however, don't look at the big picture, set small achievable goals that you can accomplish along the way that will help keep you motivated, and be proud of every good choice, and every pound lost- it is a great thing! Pretty soon the 1 pound or 2 pounds lost here and there start really adding up and your clothes start feeling different and you have more energy!

Also- take beginning measurements all over! This helps the times the scales are being stubborn so you can re-measure and see all the inches you have lost!

Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Welcome from another Sara(h)!! (I don't spell my name with the h)

Anyway, this site definitely provides a ton of support. I live by myself, no significant other, and away from most of my friends and family and I get alot of motivation being on here. It seems to be working so far :D Feel free to add me as a friend, I'm a good cheerleader :)
  • TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose too! But this site is amazing. Welcome!
  • GRose
    GRose Posts: 69
    Options
    Welcome! I've never been very public either but this site & ESPECIALLY the members, have helped me to feel a little more comfortable with myself while also encouraging me to become a healthier, happier person. Good luck!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    From one Sarah to another (don't you love our name?) - WELCOME!

I have two little ones and am 31, so I know where you're coming from. I've been on this site for almost 4 months now and I'm loving it! I like the accountability, support and ease of use.

Hope you enjoy your journey to a healthier you as much as I have!

Sarah :)
  • sarahdal
    sarahdal Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I am motivated more than ever and the accountability is really what I think I needed most. I appreciate you all:)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I agree with several posters above -- I've always been very embarrassed about my weight so of course it's the last thing I wanted to talk about with anyone else. But for me, part of recognizing the problem for what it was and solving it was to talk about it. The social support on MFP is amazing. I'm part of a group called the "Over 200 Club" and I swear they're the most motivational and inspirational ladies around. In fact, most of us in the group (including me!) now weigh UNDER 200! :laugh:
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome & good luck on your health journey!
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah and welcome to MFP ...I love this site , everyone has been so helpful and nice. I have a lot to lose as well (180 lbs. to be exact) so I know where your coming from on that. The motivation here is awesome, I am addicted. If you want another friend , add me :) Good luck on your journey!!
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Me too! Haha welcome and good luck!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new here as well and also have a lot to lose (I haven't even weighed to see how much... but at least 80 pounds). Same as you... I'm almost 35 and it's past time for things to change.
  • TubOlard
    TubOlard Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you here. I am in the same boat as well. My last doctor's visit was an eye opener. In not so many words he was telling my shape up, eat right or become diabetic and die at a young age.

I want to see my kids grow up thank you very much. I'm not ready to by buried just yet!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Welcome! I will friend you too. Lots of weight to lose. Not very much support at home. I am turning 30 this year, and I have 3 kids .. I need this .. I want a life .. I can't say I want my life back ..because I never had one. So we are pretty much in the same boat! *hugs*
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Sarah, I feel like you were speaking for me!! I just turned 30. I have nearly 100 lbs to lose. I have a family to look out for, and can't do it with how unhealthy I am right now. I've been a terrible example so far to my child! And no more of that! I weighed myself today after eating healthier for a total of 1 1/2 weeks and learned that I haven't lost a pound. But guess what, I'm losing inches. And slowly but surely, you as well as I, will be able to brag about the pounds lost. So go for it. So far, I love this site! And I'm sure you'll find the support I've found so far. Keep up posted! And best of luck to all of us!
  • sweetpurple
    Options
    Hi Sarah, I am here to lose weight too. Good luck on your journey. Chris
  • Jilleen
    Jilleen Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I am new here as well. Just joined tonight and I have approx. 60 to 80 pounds to loose. I also have two young children and want to loose weight first and foremost for myself, but then also for my family too. Please feel free to add me as a friend as well. I need all the supporters I can get as well! Blessings!