vitamins

Options
Just curious...what vitamins are you taking and why?
I take a B12 supplement for energy, D3 since my doc said I'm low on Vitamin D, and Chromium Picolinate since Dr. Oz says it helps cut sugar cravings.

You?

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I take b12, d, fish oil, alpha lipoid acid, magnesium citrate and probiotics.
  • Silver14
    Silver14 Posts: 141
    Options
    Multi and B12 since I found I was deficient due to lack of meat and dairy.
  • auncangco1
    Options

what are the alpha lipoic acid, magnesium citrate, and probiotics for? I ask bc I'm a bit of a novice with vitamins, but already feel the difference with the few that I am taking.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I take alpha lipoic acid cause there's a lot of Alzheimer's in my family and I heard it was good for the brain. I take the magnesium citrate for skipped heartbeat that sometimes causes panic attack and it really helps. I take fish oil for LDL and probiotics cause I don't eat enough yoghurt and I heard its good for providing good bacteria to your gut and as you get older you don't have as much.
  • kristiontheinside
    kristiontheinside Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, magnesium for muscle function, biotin for skin (don't want saggy skin), B6 for energy, and D3 because I had a metabolic panel and I was low so the dr recommended it. I used to take the chromium but my doctor said it builds up in the body and can cause heart palpitations and other problems. My multi has chromium in it but not as much as taking the pure supplements.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I take 50,000 units of Vitamin D a week because I was low and iron 2 times per day these were both prescribed per doctor...I have fibromyalgia and taking these vitamins have helped the fatigue
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I usually (fell of the wagon recently) take a multivitamin, omega 3 fish oil and Vitamin D.

multivitamin, well because it's good. fish oil is good for lots of stuff as you all know, and vitamin D because I'm low because there's not lots of sun. sometimes around my TOM I take some iron.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Animal Pak multivitamin.
  • brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Prenatal Vitamin (not pregnant) B-complex sublingual helps me feel less stressed and Triple Strength Glucosamine/Chondroitin for joint and cartilage support (this truly helps my aching bones as well. Vitamin C=1000 during cold and flu season
  • angelsb0nes
    angelsb0nes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I take a daily vegetarian vitamin so iron and vitamin B and whatnot. And then I take an extra B Vitamin plus flaxseed oil for mental health reasons. :)
  • brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

is that the same as acidolphus? I did read today about the benefits of Cinnamon (for digesting) and so many other good things as well:) I need to start taking GOOD bacteria again,..maybe the ulcers and acid reflux will go away:) whats your opinion.