Diabetes

Options
Just got a diabetes diagnosis. :( Need to get going! This looks like it could really help me!

Replies

• phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i am a diabetic, too. i will send a friend request your way. perhaps we can do this together!
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Me too - I am 7 months since my diagnosis and 35kg (78 lbs) lighter. Friend me :)
  • EvelynNicole18
    Options
    I have been type 1 diabetic for 6 years.
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have been diabetic for 10 years now and haven't really taken care it except for the last 4 to 5 years. I have seen things that can happen when not managed. So now being 33 I'm kicking it into high gear trying to make up for time wasted. I have finally been able to come off some of my meds. Good luck and take care of your self. Friend me if you'd like.
  • Roxyann
    Options
    Its not the end of the world. I have been type 1 diabetic for 43 years. Its what you do about it. You need to make a plan on how you want to take care of it. Don't wait until its to late like me. Because of my weight and not eatting right as a kid I am taking 10 shots a day.

You first have to believe in yourself that you are a very smart person and this is not going to take over your live. Sure you may have to do a little more to be healthy, but thats ok.

Ask for help from others. All diabetic want to help others if they have a question about there health.

Get up and move. I can only walk right now. I plan to do more later. I have now lost 20 pounds in 8 months.

Please feel free to add me if there is anything I can do to help support you. Roxyann
  • Deathofacook
    Options
    Congrats on getting off some of your meds! You seem like you know what you're doing fellow Minnesotan!
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Trust me I went years not caring and feeling like crap. Started taking my meds things got better but now in the last year finding out diet and exercise is the best way It takes a lot of time and a lot of will power but well worth it. After taking meds for years I have found out that some diabetic meds can be really hard on the system.
  • Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm a Type 1 diabetic, this site has been very helpful in understanding the carbs in what I eat. Send a friends request if you need more. I'm on here most days and comment often.
    You might be interested in joining this group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/529-diabetes-prediabetes-and-insulin-resistance