male yeast infection?

Options
Vodkha
Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
I had a YI not too long ago. I treated it and it seemed to be gone and then I had sex with my bf. A day or so later I could feel it starting up again. I was reading that this can be passed back and forth and that both partners should be treated but just HOW does a guy treat himself? Some sites say to use a cream, others say cream with a drop of vinegar? Has this ever happened to you or your partner?

Replies

• Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    No one? :)
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Antibiotics maybe? Sorry I'm not more help, I've never had one before.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I would assume a guy would treat himself the same way a girl would... but I could be wrong.
    Perhaps one of the over the counter creams will work.
    A natural treatment is vinegar. Pour a cup or two in a bath and soak daily till it goes away or dab directly.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Oh, to answer your question. I have had a couple YIs as a side effect from antibiotic use for throat infections. I've never passed it back and forth with a partner but the treatment should be the same. Y'all will keep passing unless you both treated it and it goes away. You should refrain from sex until it's gone. Should only take a few days to a week.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    over the counter cream from your pharmacist.
  • Chiefsfan86
    Options
    Prescription cream
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You can pass it back and forth....cream for both and if that doesn't work back to the doctor for both of you.