Daily Calorie Intake. The REAL numbers.

Options
I've done SO much research and used so many calculators for trying to find my ideal caloric intake. My gym trainers have me at 1200, but I get so groggy during the day and have no energy after I get out of work and head to the gym. On Myfitnesspal it's at 2300, and on different websites it ranges from 1500-3000 calories a day!!! I've been sticking to 1800 calories, and it seems to be working.

I'd like your input as to what would be the best number to go with, I work out 3-5 times a week and walk at least a mile 5-6 times a week. I'd like to lose 2-3 lbs a week but the math and my scale seem to differ.

Thanks in advance :]

Replies

• LucindaLeeMI
    LucindaLeeMI Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Probably not the best time to be posting a new thread >_< Bump.
  • hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If 1800 seems to be working then continue what you're doing. The calculators aren't accurate for me either and I had to learn by picking something and monitoring the results.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I've done SO much research and used so many calculators for trying to find my ideal caloric intake. My gym trainers have me at 1200, but I get so groggy during the day and have no energy after I get out of work and head to the gym. On Myfitnesspal it's at 2300, and on different websites it ranges from 1500-3000 calories a day!!! I've been sticking to 1800 calories, and it seems to be working.

I'd like your input as to what would be the best number to go with, I work out 3-5 times a week and walk at least a mile 5-6 times a week. I'd like to lose 2-3 lbs a week but the math and my scale seem to differ.

Thanks in advance :]
    Hey love! I used to work out about 4 days per week and sometimes more. I ate 1,700 calories, but you are taller and a bit heavier than me right now, so 1800-1900 sounds okay if you want to lose a few pounds per week! I lost 2lbs in 4 days when I ate 1,700. I'm 5'4" and I was about 190lbs at the time. The height actually doesn't matter, so I have no idea why I mentioned it. -_- Well, anyways, I was almost 200lbs. So add a little extra anywhere from 100-300calories for you if you want? It is just an estimate, but that is what worked for me, bringing it down little by little as I lost. I'm now at 1400-1600 per day and I'm around 157, still on calories for weight loss, not stability. Love you Goosey! xo

P.S. Is there anyway you could have your BMR tested nearby? If you could it would help a lot. Maybe you could contact a local hospital and see if they do BMR tests and if they are covered by insurance for some people or expensive, etc. Let me know how it all works out.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    If 1800 seems to be working then continue what you're doing. The calculators aren't accurate for me either and I had to learn by picking something and monitoring the results.

^^This.
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    My body responds to what I eat, not so much the calories. Breads, pastas, high glycemic foods make me feel lethargic if I eat too much.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options

^^This.

Yep. Absolutely this ^^
  • PyrateWench
    Options
    My body responds to what I eat, not so much the calories. Breads, pastas, high glycemic foods make me feel lethargic if I eat too much.

I'm that way as well. I can barely eat anything and if it is high in simple carbs, I won't lose or even gain. When I stick to lower amounts of complex carbs, I can actually eat more and lose.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi. All the numbers are estimates. We find the right number for ourself by trial and error. You've found a number that works. stick with it until it doesn't work anymore, then change it. Ani
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    it is kind've trial and error. no online calculator or person is going to know exactly what you need, and it varies from person to person. so yeah...trial and error