Juicers/Blenders

Options
I really want to start having some time of liquid meal... Like a meal replacement, but i dont want to just but a pre-packaged one. I want to be able to know exactly what is going into my juice/smoothie. But i was wondering, which is a better choice... Juicing or blending my veggies and fruits???? And what juicer or blender is the best???

Replies

• TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Personally I think that blenders are best. The blender lets you get the fiber we need.
    You do not have to buy the $300 blenders. They are more than 18" high, so do not fit on the counter.
    When you lift the jar off, metal to metal will not strip like rubber to rubber, or rubber to nylon, or rubber to metal.
    Also check the power. Some of the 400 watts do not have the power of the 600 watts. There is a huge difference.
    Instead of just looking in the stores, check out Amazon and the ratings.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I think blenders too.

The expensive blenders with the rubber are great! But I have a kitchen aid. .9 hp & at $200. The cheaper ones don't blend ice.

Blend more veggies than fruit - kale, char, spinach, cucumbers, are great to throw in a shake with a banana and - my fav- genuine health vegan proteins or vega one
  • tjmbellsouth
    Options
    The Breville's are great, especially if you plan to do it for years. All Stainless steel. I have owned 2 since 2007 (one at home and one where ever I am working). They are pricey but worth it. Easy to feed (large opening), no mess and easy clean-up. The pulp makes great muffins with Stevia. My favorite blend is apple, carrot, beet and a small piece of ginger. But you can experiment and see what suits you. I've juiced anything and everything in the fridge. Fruits are high in calories/sugar use them sparingly, but good for you.
    Great pick-me-up after cardio.
  • shantae1125
    Options
    Personally I think that blenders are best. The blender lets you get the fiber we need.
    You do not have to buy the $300 blenders. They are more than 18" high, so do not fit on the counter.
    When you lift the jar off, metal to metal will not strip like rubber to rubber, or rubber to nylon, or rubber to metal.
    Also check the power. Some of the 400 watts do not have the power of the 600 watts. There is a huge difference.
    Instead of just looking in the stores, check out Amazon and the ratings.

Thanks. I will def give amazon a look. I just know that i want a blender that is powerful enough to liquify food bc i kinda cant stand pulp...
  • doornobs
    doornobs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use both, neither expensive. Look at the Jason Vale website for some really nice receipes. Good luck :)
  • martinh78
    Options
    I have a hand blender and it is great. Easy to rinse under the tap after blending, no need to was lots of bits etc (ie I blend in my drinks bottle, pan, whatever, saves washing the blender jug). Was £25 on sale (Bosch, came with loads of accessories as well such as whisk, chopper, tubs etc) :bigsmile: