Body By Vi? Is it worth it?

Options
A friend of mine is selling this, and she swears by it. Is anyone on it, and like it? Is it worth the money? I tried some samples of the shakes and I love them, but not sure what to do. I'm very busy so I miss meals and stuff but if I had the supplements, that might help me? Please help me!

Replies

• spaghetticat00
    spaghetticat00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. Have you heard anything? I think I might give it a shot, I'm busy too and end up missing meals altogether or missing meals then binge eating once I get home at the end of the day. This sounds like a good idea, and from the research I've been doing it looks like it works. I joined a facebook dieting support group and some of them are using it and they say it works for them. but, still I'm just not sure
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I tired one of the mixes, it was ok, think its good if you are looking for a meal replacement, kinda like shakeology, and ya may be able to get something cheaper at stores
  • dmeyrich89
    Options
    I haven't been using it long and I haven't been following completely by the book. I mostly use it for breakfast and lunches when I don't have time but I am almost down 10lbs in a little over a month and I know some people who started at the same time as me that have followed it by the book (2 shakes a day in replace of 2 meals) and the have lost 10+ pounds. I think it is worth it and my grocery bill has gone down a lot!!!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Go to Walmart and buy a tub of body fortress whey- 2lbs for $15. Blend with your favorine fresh or frozen fruit, vegetables, milk, almond milk..whatever. Higher, more bioavailable protein, no soy, 1 gazillionth of the price. Plus, you'll never feel compelled to sell stuff to your friends.

No, BBV is NOT at all worth it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Go to Walmart and buy a tub of body fortress whey- 2lbs for $15. Blend with your favorine fresh or frozen fruit, vegetables, milk, almond milk..whatever. Higher, more bioavailable protein, no soy, 1 gazillionth of the price. Plus, you'll never feel compelled to sell stuff to your friends.

No, BBV is NOT at all worth it.

^^yep
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I haven't been using it long and I haven't been following completely by the book. I mostly use it for breakfast and lunches when I don't have time but I am almost down 10lbs in a little over a month and I know some people who started at the same time as me that have followed it by the book (2 shakes a day in replace of 2 meals) and the have lost 10+ pounds. I think it is worth it and my grocery bill has gone down a lot!!!

Your grocery bill has gone down a lot because you are giving your money away to BBV instead of the grocery store. :laugh:

You could just do what MoreBean13 suggested and saved LOTS of money. Sounds like very good advice!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all meal replacement shakes work the same. I have a friend taking a $120 a month one, and another friend taking a $15 one and they've both lost the same amount of weight doing the same diet. They each have a shake for breakfast and lunch and a healthy dinner.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Is body by vi worth the money?

helltothenaw_zps205db375.gif
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine is selling this, and she swears by it. Is anyone on it, and like it? Is it worth the money? I tried some samples of the shakes and I love them, but not sure what to do. I'm very busy so I miss meals and stuff but if I had the supplements, that might help me? Please help me!

This says enough on it's own. Of course she swears by it, she makes a profit for every tub she sells!
  • mockchoc
    Options

This says enough on it's own. Of course she swears by it, she makes a profit for every tub she sells!

Some friend trying to take your money!!!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

This firstly made me laugh.

Secondly, a family member of mine does bbv, and that was after supposedly eating healthier didn't work :ohwell: (note he only ate fruits and veggies). He swears by the shakes that it has dropped him down to 368 something (mind you he was 569 and then lost a little) and I have seen his weight plateaued but all he does is drink the shakes (3 a day) and work out 2 to 3 times a day :grumble: Of course he refuses to admit it.

At any rate don't get it, because they want you to sell it to other people (my cousin, the family member tried getting the family on it, and my aunt handed him back a bag she received free from a friend and said "my doctor says I don't need this junk in my system. You can have it.") :laugh:
  • mockchoc
    Options

Secondly, a family member of mine does bbv, and that was after supposedly eating healthier didn't work :ohwell: (note he only ate fruits and veggies). He swears by the shakes that it has dropped him down to 368 something (mind you he was 569 and then lost a little) and I have seen his weight plateaued but all he does is drink the shakes (3 a day) and work out 2 to 3 times a day :grumble: Of course he refuses to admit it.

At any rate don't get it, because they want you to sell it to other people (my cousin, the family member tried getting the family on it, and my aunt handed him back a bag she received free from a friend and said "my doctor says I don't need this junk in my system. You can have it.") :laugh:

I'd rather be run over by a truck than live on 3 drinks a day. Food or I'd feel like I was on a drip! May as well be because it's just as boring.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

I'd rather be run over by a truck than live on 3 drinks a day. Food or I'd feel like I was on a drip! May as well be because it's just as boring.

You are preaching to the choir. I don't understand how someone can live on 3 shakes a day only and then expect to lose weight. I don't drink the shakes, I told him basically to shove them and that I am doing it the old fashion way. :bigsmile:
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound appealing to me...
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I agree with the comment about buying protein powder yourself and making your own shakes but its all about caloric intake anyway. If you burn more calories than you eat no matter what you eat or drink you will lose.
  • wannatangle
    wannatangle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends doing this also........of course I think they want me to buy in. I also have a friend who sells JuicePlus and wants me to buy all these vitamins and stuff and even told me OTC vitamins are dangerous and I shouldn't be taking those. Anywho, I figure if I lose weight using shakes and don't stay on the shakes I would gain it back. I prefer just to watch my calories since I don't plan to drink shakes for the rest of my life.
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I won't try it because a friend of my is plugging up my FB news feed allll of the time trying to sell it... so annoying! Also I like real food, If I do have a really busy day I might have a store bought protein shake for one meal though.
  • s_west
    s_west Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    First time I heard of Body by Vi was from a friend who called it Body by Di (as in diarrhea). Don't know if that's true or not, but it turned me right off! lol.

Seriously, I'm all for shakes if you're in a rush and can't prepare something. Most mornings, I like making a shake with fruit, veggies, and protein powder just because sometimes eating in the morning makes me nauseated. But in my opinion, these "shake programs" are a fad and a crutch.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Is body by vi worth the money?

^^ this made my morning !
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Been there done that! Tastes Great. (especially all the different recipe variety they show you) That said, In the 6+ months I used faithfully, I didn't lose any more than I would have anyways. The protein is low(12grams) (the rest comes from liquid you mix it with. For anything you add for different variety adds calories (can add up very fast) I finally figured out adding up all my calorie intake, of course I would lose weight anyway. (yes I bought into it literally :sad: ) My friend was having great luck with sales. They already had their free BMW!! Well suffice to say 6 mo later, I had no Beemer, Hadn't signed anyone up, didn't lose any weight I wouldn't have lost anyway and was out over $1,000. & still have 4 packages left in my drawer. You can just buy the product $25-30 +5.00 sh&handle.per month. Or as others said (buy something else cheaper & just as good) My experience, you be the judge :noway: