Tell me what keeps you going

Options
Whats your biggest motivation?

Replies

• Dicecatt
    Options
    I want to be in pictures with my children. I do not let anyone take a photo of me, ever, so I'd like to be at a place where I can be photographed.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    How good the progress I've made so far feels.
    Before that... an upcoming major birthday, the desire to be able to walk quickly without getting tired out so quickly, looking better, stopping the gradual and continuous growth into larger sizes.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...biggest motivation. At the moment, as in short term goal, would be the thrill of losing another pound. I don't reward myself with clothes, nail polish, food or whatever. Seeing the scale go down one more pound is reward enough for me.

My long term goal is to look and feel better this summer. Last summer totally sucked. I didn't buy one outfit and my swimsuit got more and more "snug" as the summer went on. I don't want to deal with that again. I don't want one more summer like that.
  • 1LiFe8
    1LiFe8 Posts: 20
    Options
    Feeling healthy again and being happy with myself inside and out. I have size 8 jeans hanging in my closet with the tags still on. I look forward to wearing those!
  • onlycate
    Options
    Seeing improvements in my body, and watching Honey Boo-Boo and feeling compelled to go to the gym and eat whole grains.
  • Gjallarhorn
    Options
    The prospect of an Eagle, Globe and Anchor.
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    God. I finally realized I can't do this alone but with God we can accomplish anything.
  • mains_adam25
    mains_adam25 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i see pictures of me on facebook and i dont want to look like that anymore
  • lotusspark
    Options
    The coin, 2 sided answer..for me it's better health and vanity, I want to look as I was always meant to. =)
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The feeling of shame as i walked out of the outsize mens fashion shop, clutching my bags filled with enormous clothing.
    Never again!
  • mjoshua87
    Options
    Buying a wedding dress in Sept. And I want to be able to keep up with my daughter who may only be One but shes got alot of energy. :)
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Cute clothes.

Family member's ill and failing health. We are young and still have time to fix ourselves and make life easier in one aspect, then why not?

Knowing that we have the ability to look our best all it takes is hard work and dedication, and it will be admired by most everyone.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    To walk around the house nekkid and love it
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My biggest motivation is that I want to keep going. I want to live and be healthy. I don't want to die, and I don't want to spend my old age unable to do anything other than sit around waiting to die.
  • azalea617
    azalea617 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    To achieve my highest "hot girl" potential. I know I'm pretty, want the body to match. ;) It's ok to be shallow sometimes!

To feel healthier and better about myself in general.

To have an easier time picking out cute clothes & wear a bikini for the first time.

To know what it's like to really be in shape. I've never been thin. Ever. I want muscles. I want to look like a tough chick.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Knowing that giving up is just not an option. I've come much farther and stuck with it longer this time than I ever have in all my years of dieting attempts because I've made more realistic goals and dropped the crazy expectations and deprivations. I see before pictures and shake my head wondering how I could've ever been in such denial. I'll never be a fitness model but I'm much more healthier and fit than ever and plan to stay that way! Also I'm thinking more about aging these days as 40 is creeping closer (I know that's still young but still, you have to think of the future) and I want to continue to be in shape and healthy so that I'm not burdened with health and mobility issues as the years fly by.