Breakfast Ideas

Options
Breakfast is my weakness! I'm looking for some healthy options for breakfast that are quick and easy! I am in the habit of grabbing breakfast from our work cafeteria, so it's either hashbrowns and sausage or an omelet! I need to tell myself that breakfast doesn't have to be a HOT meal:) So what are your favorite breakfasts??

Replies

• Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    look at my food log:)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Prepare your breakfast the night before & take it to work! I like to make myself a healthy breakfast sandwich and zap in the microwave.... toast whole wheat light english muffins or Whole wheat thin buns..... eggs or egg whites if you prefer, slice of cheese (low fat if you prefer), slice of canadian bacon or ham. Yum! Or prepare a healthy omlette with your favorite fillings!
  • tymaddox
    tymaddox Posts: 9
    Options
    I love to heat up some left-over (or you could use frozen) waffles. Instead of using carb-crazy syrup, I put a banana in the microwave for ~1.5 minutes so it gets all squishy. Then, I add a packet splenda, spoonful of cocoa, a few drops of vanilla extract, and use it as a dipping sauce for the waffles. It's AWESOME.
  • mrspyle
    mrspyle Posts: 19
    Options
    Well you can still eat an omlette or those other things. As long as you are measuring. If you prefer something like fruit over sausage, switch...also adding lots of veggies to meals makes me feel "fuller" faster but I've ate healthy so its not as bad. =] Good luck!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Oh, and you can cook up a batch of Steel Cut Oats or regular Oatmeal and have enough servings to take the next few days.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Just this week I experimented with egg cupcakes. See the basic recipe here for ideas:

http://everydaypaleo.com/2010/03/24/egg-cupcakes/

I toss in the microwave then top with a couple tablespoons of shredded cheese. So far I like it though I want to experiment with the recipe more.
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Well when I need something quick I usually have :

*1 cup of All Bran wheat flakes, 1/2 cup 1% milk and either slice a small banana or some strawberries and put them in the cereal. Comes out to be about 260 calories.

*Oatmeal, instant with fruit or nuts.

* Fresh fruits and yogurt.
  • shnewell
    shnewell Posts: 14
    Options
    My favorite breakfast for the last few months has been 1 c. Kashi Go Lean cereal mixed with 1/2 c. fresh blueberries and 6 oz. greek yogurt. I generally find greek yogurt to be too tart, but mixed with the sweetness of the berries it is great and the crunchy ceral (which I also don't like on its own!) adds just the right texture. Calories will vary a smidge based on what brand of yogurt you use, but my calculation, using Greek Gods FF Greek Yogurt is 242 calories. The cereal and yogurt together are high in protein, and this keeps me filling full all morning long.
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    My go-to breakfast for work (I work right next to a McD's...oi) is oatmeal. I put oats (eden organic or quick-cooking plain oats) in a container with some raisins and a bit of honey. I can make it up the night before. Then I add hot water and let them steep for a few minutes. It is yummy and warm. Add a banana or a 100-calorie cottage cheese double and I am set.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My quick breakfast ideas:

1) 1 slice whole wheat toast w/ 1 tbsp peanut butter (organic) and a 1/2 tsp of honey, 1 small banana, and 1 8oz cup of fat free milk
    2) 1/2 cup liquid egg whites with whatever veggies I have on hand and roll it up in a whole wheat tortilla
    3) peanut butter and fluff sandwich on whole wheat bread
    4) Smoothie made with 1 cup yogurt, 1 small banana, 1 cup strawberries, 1 scoop protein powder, 5 or 6 ice cubes

Hope this helps.
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Just this week I experimented with egg cupcakes. See the basic recipe here for ideas:

I toss in the microwave then top with a couple tablespoons of shredded cheese. So far I like it though I want to experiment with the recipe more.

Wow, those look really good. They are like little crustless quiches. I have a bunch of roasted veggies (my BF is a chef and brought them home from an event he did) in the freezer that would be awesome in those!
  • asm2260
    asm2260 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Wow, those look really good. They are like little crustless quiches. I have a bunch of roasted veggies (my BF is a chef and brought them home from an event he did) in the freezer that would be awesome in those!

Excellant Idea...just pop them in micro wave and go.......I like Kashi waffles, with Natural PB (just nuts and salt) topped with a fresh fruit.....yummy with coffee....takes less than 5 min.....but I am really going to try the egg idea....too....
  • jessicakate26
    Options
    Those look amazing and you can totally play with the ingredients!!! Thank you for posting!!