Another mini success

Options
vicidoesstuff
vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
My boyfriend is usually reluctant to involve himself in my weight loss because he's too conscious of the double meaning (i.e. if he supports me, he thinks he's encouraging me to get thinner because he doesn't like how I am now... which is not true). Today, though, I was chilling over at his place and he admitted that I am looking better. He congratulates me on my losses as standard so that's all good. I was just so happy that he's admitting that losing a bit of weight is making a difference.

I also beat him at an arm wrestle because he stupidly challenged me on Day 4 of my 30 Day Shred so I have noticable muscles. His ego was slightly bruised, then :laugh:

Replies

• beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    wow, that is great. It really have to make you feel really good. I wish i had that support from my boyfriend. I couldn't get a compliment if i asked for one. You are really lucky. Good job.:smile:
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Haha, good job beating him. That will keep him quiet. :):)

PS Congrats on your loss so far and muscle gain!!
  • kajaknowers
    kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    congratulations. U deserve to be commended on your achievements as it only spurs u onwards x
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Love the bit about the arm wrestling! And way to go!! My boyfriend was the same way. I gained 30 lbs within the first 3 months of dating him and before I decided to change, I would complain about my weight, lovehandles, whatever. He would just say I was beautiful and perfect. Then once I started working out and eating better, he would tell me I didn't need to lose anything, that he liked me the way I was. Now, he constantly tells me he can see a change in my body and will make comments about my "calories" or say good job when I tell him about little successes with work outs and such. They come around. :tongue:
  • popplylily
    popplylily Posts: 97
    Options
    yayay!! go you... bless his cottons i LOVE that he is trying to tell you he loves you just as you are... congrats on your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!