Valentines Day

Options
Hubby wants to take me to dinner to celebrate V Day. After 40 days of calorie counting and cardio 5 days a week I only lost 2lbs. Don't want to blow my progress. Options are Red Lobster, Apple Bees and Ruby Tuesday. Any suggestions where would be the best place to go. If so what would be a better chioce of food not to blow my diet? Thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    All three should have menus with calorie content for meals online. I wouldn't go near Red Lobster personally. I couldn't resist a basketful of Cheddar Biscuits. There is not enough willpower in the world.
  • baja572
    Options
    Check them out on their websites.. I will make it easy for you to know what to order by what you like.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I think Applebees has a little symbol on their menu for options that are lower in calories? Not 100% positive though. I'd recommend looking up the restaurants menus online before you go, most have calorie information listed online. That way you can make a good choice beforehand and enjoy your date night :bigsmile:
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Go online and look at the menu's. I've been able to find reasonable choices at tall three that I really enjoy.
    Safe bets are always a grilled chicken, fish, or even a lean piece of steak. Pair it with non-starch veggie sides and maybe a salad. If you go with a salad get the dressing on the side and fork dip the dressing.
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love the Signature Sirloin with Garlic Herb Shrimp @ Applebbe's

Plump shrimp in a light cream sauce top this 7 oz. grilled sirloin. Served with herbed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, freshly-made bruschetta and sliced almonds.

500 Calories and includes the sides
  • cyntia
    cyntia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ruby tuesday have a great salad bar you can just eat that with a fish entree mash potato or veggies their is a great menu for low calories actually
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Red lobster has (or used to have) a baked tillapia and veggies that is very good and low calorie. Might wanna ask your waiter to not bring the cheddar biscuits though.

Apple bees has a whole low cal section in their menu
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Applebees has some pretty amazing entrees under 600 calories. Tilapia is awesome, and there's a chicken one, too - I think it's portabello chicken or something like that. The stats are pretty reasonable and they're very tasty.
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ruby Tuesdays has more healthy options then most restaurants!! But pretty much any place you go will have healthy options and salads.. It is very possible to eat out and not blow your day!! Just remember, "all in moderation"!! ENJOY :) Happy Valentines Day!!
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    I know Applebees has a tasty light menu with calorie information as well as weight watcher points. Have fun!
  • Angela7zFit
    Angela7zFit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi there

A couple of my tactics....
    Plan what you will eat before you go and don't look at the menu when you get there.
    or
    Tell the server when the meal comes to bring a take out container...split it in half before you even take the first bit.

ENJOY YOUR EVENING !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I like getting a steak and veggies at Applebees. It's not that bad on the calories.

Just avoid deep-fried, buttery stuff and load up on veggies and you should be okay!
  • LadyBirdGo
    LadyBirdGo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'd go to Red Lobster. Nice steamed Lobster looks like it is low in calories. just watch out for those tempting 'sides' like the potatoes or fries. have a salad instead!