Trying to make it through V-day with minimal chocolate

Options
2»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    When I get home, the kids and I are going to melt dark chocolate to dip fresh strawberries. Valentine's Day or not, chocolate is like water, I need it to live. :laugh:
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    i made a chocolate smoothie for breakfast, but i also have referred to today as "national calories-don't-count" day! enjoy it!

Me too!! Enjoy the day!! My boyfriend and I are having a date night tonight, and I plan to eat chocolate and cookies!! One bad day is not going to derail any progress made. Savour every bite! "Bad" foods are so much yummier when they are only eaten occasionally!
  • joddumz
    Options
    Also major chocoholic - got a box of choccies this morning, i ate 3 and then passed the rest to one of the teams having their annual meeting so as not to binge!! then got a little bite at mums of a malteaser bun. I'm pretty impressed with this so far. I haven't touched the brownies or quality streets in the office so far!!

Its only 3.30pm though -- but I look at it in comparrison to what I would have done before so for me this is good when surrounded by all my favourite things. def being in the office is the hardest time for me :)
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    It's not like Christmas with a big family meal or anything, it's one day, a Hallmark holiday, you can have chocolate any day of the year, you don't need to binge just because of the date.
  • PamelaRae88
    Options
    It's not like Christmas with a big family meal or anything, it's one day, a Hallmark holiday, you can have chocolate any day of the year, you don't need to binge just because of the date.

I agree it's different than Christmas, but I'm still working on the impulsive buying of food (no I dont go to the grocery store hungry) but I do tend to impulsively buy. And then when chocolate is everywhere and (tomorrow is probably going to be the worst) on sale, it's hard to not buy that bag of Reese's and maybe that bag of Hershey kisses (because really, 50% off is too good). This is a combination of my 'clearance' and my chocolate addiction, which only really comes at Halloween and Valentine's Day...
  • jennamt87
    jennamt87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My fiance gave me a big bag of chocolates this morning, so I took a couple out for myself and brought the rest to share with my colleagues at work this morning! Share the wealth :-)
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    If you want a piece of chocolate try having a more natural piece of dark chocolate. I have two pieces of Trader Joes natural dark chocolate and it is 90 calories. It usually satisfy most of the time and doesn't make you crave something you can't have.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    As much as I love chocolate I don't like them filled. Give me a dark chocolate and I'm happy. For our son he is getting a box of gummy crabby patties because he hates chocolate and even at the age of 16 he still loves sponge bob. Our daughter can make a box of chocolates last all year and is very picky when it comes to chocolates, so I got her a godiva box of mixed chocolates and hubby got his Russell Stovers. To me they are not very good chocolates but he loves them. Now if I would have gotten them something I liked then all bets would be off and those chocolates would be gone already. :laugh: