NSV after a month!!!

Options
I used to be size 9-10 and 152LB at the beggining or Jan
Today, 146LB... I am 5'7"... On monday, I felt my pants a little bit big; but I said: I'm not buying any jeans because I won't use them until next fall because I live in arizona... and very soon is going to be very very hot. All I'm going to wear are skirts, shorts, and dresse... jean?? are you crazyyy?? no wayy!!!

Anyway, I was shopping with a friend and I saw those adorable pants.... I made a comment about them, and my friend forzed me to try them.... I was very scared because I didnt want to find out that a size 8 was going to be too small.... SURPRISEEE!!!!!! It looked really good!!! I couldn't believe it.... I went to another store and jeans and pants size 7 were perfect on me!!!!!

I am super excited!!!

But then I get home very excited and my husband tells me that he isn't happy about it.... because he says that my butt is getting smaller... why he cant be happy because his wife is trying to lose 4% body fat and get tone..... do you think it is insecurity or what???

Replies

• neni06
    neni06 Posts: 10
    Options
    You know, my boyfriend said the same thing. If I recall he said, "your butt is smaller now. I mean, it's still nice, but it was rounder before." So I said, "that's nice, I like my butt now." Lol
    Honestly, I shook it off. Boys will always go after a nice *kitten*. But I'm confident that he loves me for me. Regardless of how I look. It may be a bit of lack of confidence. Being overweight makes us feel insecure and lower self esteem. Try affirmations. Wake up ever morning and tell your self. "I am a confident and beautiful women. I love myself." Say that to your self when you need a boost or when you remember.
    But honestly, I wouldn't take it too serious. Put into consideration what he does for u on a day to day basis. Does his actions speak louder than his words. I hope I was able to help
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I agree with Nen06. From a man perspective, the is nothing more attractive physically than nice curves, nice butt, and beautiful breasts. I have been married for almost 13 years and I love my wife more than anything. But I am still a man and when I see a nice attractive features on a woman, it is almost an impulse to notice these attributes. I am just being honest.

Just like most men are attracted to these physical features, women have their physical attractions as well. Since I have been lifting weights more and my arms, back, and shoulders are getting stronger. My wife comments and notices these in a positive way. She loves me regardless. Most women are physically attracted to men that have some strength.

I think these are primal attractions that go back to the dawn of time and was part of the criteria we used to select a mate to pass on the strongest genes. Whether we were aware of this or not. IMHO
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    a size 8 is a lovely size imo, well done! x

also if your partner is worried about your bum size, toning it up is a good way to get a bit of extra junk in the trunk as the muscle is under the natural fat layer so you get the extra size but it's still nice cushiony :)
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    you can always do some exercises that will grow your butt muscles :P
  • dunq13
    dunq13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love your post because I could have wrote it myself! I'm almost the same stats. 5'7, started mid 140's. I'm now closer to 135-138 and I'm happy with it. Still have a few lbs left to shred and some muscle to gain...but that's another story. While my boyfriend comments on my weight loss in positive ways, too, he is SO hung up on butt shrinking! I think it really does make him sad, sometimes. I think it's hysterical. I still look in the mirror and see a plenty big behind. Smaller? Yes, but I started w/ a J-Lo booty, so I LOVE the fact that I can now fit into smaller jeans without having to upsize to accommodate my curves. My man can deal :) Awesome work, by the way!
  • lauren31085
    lauren31085 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I used to wear size 0, and I was 105 pounds. I started working out and running, and next thing you know I was curvy! I had a big butt for how small I am. (5'1'') I gained 12 pounds, and looked great! That's what I'm trying to work on now, getting back into that shape! If you run, or do stair steppers, that'll tone your butt into looking awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!