How do YOU drink your water?!

Options
Good moooooorning, MFP, and happy Valentine's Day!

I come to you to pick your brains. I have come to find that I drink way more water when it comes out of a straw, rather than out of a bottle or glass. I have bought several different kinds of water bottles over the years and never really liked any of them enough to drink lots of water. So far, the only cup I have really, really liked is a 32-oz styrofoam cup from the gas station, which is all fine and dandy, but people start to look at you strangely when you're constantly toting around a styrofoam cup. SO ... let's talk about our water containers. Does yours have a fancy attachable straw? Do you just keep bottled water taking up an entire shelf in your fridge? What the heck do you drink out of?!

Replies

• PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Straight up, on the rocks. Oh.. and i love my Tervis waterbottle.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Like this...

marco-robio-reaches-for-water-on-camera.gif
  • bamarine123
    Options
    I use a camel back 24oz. (3 cup) water bottle. I found I can not drink the water if it has ice I drink it so slow, but room temperature or chilled I drink it just fine and can keep track of it. this is just works for me.
  • mrfrodogetdown
    mrfrodogetdown Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just a normal drinking glass.

If I'm feeling fancy, I'll put in a few ice cubes.

If I'm feeling really fancy, a drinking straw!
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I use a camel back 24oz. (3 cup) water bottle. I found I can not drink the water if it has ice I drink it so slow, but room temperature or chilled I drink it just fine and can keep track of it. this is just works for me.

Camel back is excellent as well. I use that for the gym.
  • ndavu
    ndavu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    CamelBack water bottles are the BEST! They have a straw attachment and bite valve that's awesome for anytime water consumption--working out included! When I first got mine, I was addicted to it and couldn't STOP drinking out of it. I liked it so much I bought two, one for the house and one that I tote around with me. I bought the 0.75 L bottle, but they come in different sizes. Best investment!
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I fill up a 32oz Naglene bottle, then pour it into a cup, usually a Tervis. I don't care if it's cold or room temp, so when the Naglene's empty, I fill 'er up again. If I don't finish it over the course of that day, it's there on my desk in the morning, after my daily cup washing. Sometimes I add non-energy Mio flavoring.
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    Good moooooorning, MFP, and happy Valentine's Day!

I come to you to pick your brains. I have come to find that I drink way more water when it comes out of a straw, rather than out of a bottle or glass. I have bought several different kinds of water bottles over the years and never really liked any of them enough to drink lots of water. So far, the only cup I have really, really liked is a 32-oz styrofoam cup from the gas station, which is all fine and dandy, but people start to look at you strangely when you're constantly toting around a styrofoam cup. SO ... let's talk about our water containers. Does yours have a fancy attachable straw? Do you just keep bottled water taking up an entire shelf in your fridge? What the heck do you drink out of?!
    Straight out of the bottle!!
  • bootsandfros
    bootsandfros Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    a 16 oz tervis cup with pink and green polkadots and a pink lid is kept at my desk. i refill throughout the day as needed. tervis cup at home.
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I keep an empty water bottle handy, and fill it up at the tap periodically.

What I never really got before is the importance of drinking water. Since January, except for my morning cup of coffee, I don't allow myself to drink anything else until I've had at least 8 cups of water. I've stopped drinking diet coke as a result, and I don't feel hungry. I believe this is partily because the water fills me up, but I'm also convinced that artfificial sweeters triggered hunger. After 6 weeks I can't even stand the taste of diet coke any more, and I've been drinking it for over 30 years.

I've heard this before of course, but it took a long time to internalize -- I guess old dogs can learn new tricks!
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just have a simple plastic tumbler that I got from participating in an event. It's double walled, so slightly insulated, and the straw through the lid isn't attached, but has a little ring around the straw to keep it from sliding through the lid.

Until I got this cup, I struggled with the bottles and open mouthed cups and so on.. the straw just makes it easier and it stays cold longer.
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My favorite (have 2 of them) is the Nalgene 24 oz. bottle with spill proof lid and angled spout. And I agree with one of the above posters, I can drink much more water, much more quickly if it ISN'T iced. I prefer my water room temperature or just slightly chilled anyway, so this works for me.

I get my water out of our fridge with the filter but we also have an Enagic Kangen Water maching that I will use faithfully once I get the replacement filter.

When traveling there is nothing better than the Camelbak Groove bottles - charcoal filters so I can fill pretty much anywhere.

Great topic!
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    rectally for fastest absorbtion
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I reuse a 33.8 SmartWater bottle. 2 a day minimum, more if I want it. Sometimes I add generic Mio.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I drink it in whatever it comes in. Glass, bottle, thermos, mug. If I'm thirsty, I'll drink. If I'm not thirsty, a type of container won't really make me do it...
  • sclarktiw
    Options
    mixed...75% water and 25% juice

drinking straight water makes me sick
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Brita water bottle at my desk and I drag one around the house. The water tastes better from it and helps me to be more interested in having it.

I also drink a whole lot more when I work out, at least 1-2 bottles (around 3 cups of water per bottle).
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    in a cup.
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I prefer vodka.
    I just call it water.
    Same thing, really...
    happy water.