Started 26 days ago...time to introduce myself

Options
Just wanted to come out from the shadows and introduce myself. I started my lifestyle change 26 days ago and I'm already feeling better about myself. I set a goal to stick with it for at least 100 days, no matter what. I figured that would give me a good head start on this becoming a way of life and not just a diet.
Im a mom of 2 (a son who is 17 & a daughter who is 12). My husband & I have been married for 18+ years now and he of course has no problem with his weight. Can eat anything and doesn't gain a pound. I on the other hand, like so many, seem to gain by just looking at a french fry.

I've been reading up on so many posts here and have found everyone to be so supportive of everyone else, I decided to become an active participator instead of just reading. I am a bit shy and am not used to posting on forums, but from what I have read so far, this seems like a "safe" place to communicate with others.

Hope to continue to be motivated and held accountable by putting myself "out there"......it always seemed so easy to go back to my old ways when I didn't have anyone I had to check in with about how I've been doing and what I've been eating.

Well thanks for reading.....looking forward to meeting a few new friends.

xoxoxoxoxox

Replies

• Foggy7640
    Options
    Welcome !!! :flowerforyou:
  • genkimomof2
    genkimomof2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have two kids too so I know how hard it is to balance the family's needs with your own. Feel free to add me to your friends! Keep up the good job!
  • spartans1958
    Options
    hi nice to meet you! I just started on here about 2 weeks ago. I like the ease of tracking your food and exercise. There is always good encouragement on here for whatever you need. Welcome!!!
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome

feel free to add as a friend we have all been there, and you are starting a great journey of self discovery

good luck and best wishes

Matt
  • SeraFee
    SeraFee Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have only been an active member of the community for about a week now and all I can say is.. I'm addicted!
    If you need a friend I am always looking for more!
    Best of Luck!
    Sera
  • lovinme4me810311
    Options
    Good morning to all I recently started working out as a result of a breakup. I am enjoying the challenge and look forward to the healthy lifestyle benefits
  • staceymoyer1
    staceymoyer1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I hope this site is as helpful to you as it is to me. The support and encouragement is great! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    HI there, I've been at this for about 6 weeks now. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm always open to more supportive MFP friends.

Michael
  • Fr3dd13
    Options
    Hi, and welcome.
  • applepandowdy
    applepandowdy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I've been doing MFP for about 6 weeks now and I really like it a lot. Welcome and feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :smile: Feel free to add me if you like!
  • jojo1410
    jojo1410 Posts: 151
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome! You'll make so many friends here and you will learn so much about weight, weight loss and yourself on this new journey. I have two children, 14 and 16 and like you, I lurked for a long time before I took the plunge and joined in. So well done on the second step to a stronger you (the first being your 26 days so far). You'll be amazed at how confident you grow over the coming months! Good luck.
    Jo
    ps. feel free to add me as a friend if you wish!
  • cherieliny
    cherieliny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started on Monday.. mom of 2 ( 12/9 ) and have 45 lbs to loose..
    Add me as a friend if you like! :happy:
  • cuddlescreampuff
    cuddlescreampuff Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So glad you joined us! We're all in this together. Feel free to add me if you're looking for some encouragement. :flowerforyou: I'm a mom and a grandma of 6. I started my weight loss journey in 2011 through MFP. It's one of the best decisions I've made.
  • DeanR321
    DeanR321 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Welcome, Welcome...... feel free to add me everyone.... Focus, keep motivated and stay fit.. :)

37044454.png
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Good for you! Good luck on your journey. With the motivation you'll find on this site, I'm sure you'll succeed!
  • MrsDevor
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    I am only 3 days old on here :-) Good luck with your journey!
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!! Just to warn ya, after 100 days you will be hooked on feeling better and posting on MFP!! I'm just over 300 days and honestly can't tell you where I'd be without it! It has helped me get "back on track" when I feel like I have given up. Feel free to add me as a friend for additional support! :flowerforyou: