Best shoes for Zumba

Options
I started Zumba in January and I LOVE it. So much so that when we get our tax refund money I intend to splurge on a new pair of shoes. Any recommendations? I'm almost six feet tall and I think my foot expanded when I was pregnant, size 11s are a big snug in some brands. Any help/advice (even if its ones to stay away from) is appreciated.

Replies

• zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The shoes I've used most recently are Nike "Musique." They have leather uppers, good support, and low traction so you can move fairly easily. They also have a little "circle" on the sole that allows for better pivoting. I have mine in a size 11; not sure what size they go up to. You can look them up online. I remember paying somewhere in the range of $50-$60 for them. Whatever brand you end up getting, look for good support and very low traction. Good luck! Isn't zumba a blast?! It's exercise disguised as fun! Enjoy!
  • myLife225
    Options
    nike free runs are my fav and they are worth every penny (my first shoes that where almost $100 but i love them)
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I also have a pair of Nike Musique - found them on clearance at Zappos for $30. Really like them - I was using a pair of new Balance cross trainers before and was having a lot of trouble pivoting.
  • babsmoran
    Options
    I also have a pair of Nike Musique - found them on clearance at Zappos for $30. Really like them - I was using a pair of new Balance cross trainers before and was having a lot of trouble pivoting.

Hi - Do the Nike Musique run true to size or do I need to order a size bigger?
  • Katia_Quesadilla
    Options
    I've never worn Nike Musiques, but they look like they would work, based off a quick google. I prefer more flexibility in my zumba shoes, so I would recommend hip hop shoes. They can be found at any dance retailer or ordered offline. I get my dance shoes from discountdance.com.
  • zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think the Nike Musique run pretty true to size. I didn't buy them larger. Being leather, though, they're not as flexible as the mesh-type running shoes, so if you're used to those, they might seem tight at first.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I think the Nike Musique run pretty true to size. I didn't buy them larger. Being leather, though, they're not as flexible as the mesh-type running shoes, so if you're used to those, they might seem tight at first.

I think they're a bit narrow but true-to-size.