A public food diary with a goal in mind

Options
Hi all! Just wanted to post a topic mentioning that I've just have made my food diary public. I know it would be no big deal... but my goal of doing this is to encourage others to go for a healthy approach to weight loss. :flowerforyou:

If it will be helpful at least to one person, my goal is reached! :wink: I've seen many food diaries here and honestly, some of them scary me a quite little bit.... :noway: I know that especially us, women/girls, want to lose weight quickly and we sometimes overdo it by starving ourselves or eating the foods that are a pure crap (mind you, this will not kill us if we eat that once in a while, but...)

I am far from perfect either, but I am learning each day how to treat the food as a gift from nature, while enjoying an amazing special treat once in awhile. I love to cook and to bake, so the treats are a must! :smile:

I've been learning about nutrition for quite a few years now, and have picked up some important things along the way. Such as
.... that nutrition shows up to 80% of our weight loss results and exercise + genetics have the rest
... that eating fresh and natural foods is crucially important to having a strong body and superior immune system
... that eating lots of fresh fruit & veggies is not hard at all
... that eating too many carbs (even if they come from whole grains) don't do us any good
... that minimizing/avoiding the added sugars and foods containing white flour is a number one step to healthy body .... etc.

So, that is all. :happy:

If there are any health enthusiasts and people who've got great results from eating whole foods, please post here and encourage others to do the same! Remember that losing weight is not the only goal. Let's cherish our health!

Wishing a wonderful progress to everyone! :smile:
- Jurgita

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Well said :)
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    And I thought that I ate healthy!
    My God Woman! You are my idol. And it's funny that you also take picutres of your food. My friends on Facebook yell at me for doing that because I make them hungry. And one got mad at me because her husband said that she needed to learn how to cook after seeing my pictures!
    Do you visit any good food blogs? Healthy ones?
  • dbrownson
    dbrownson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think most people should make their profiles public, good way to get ideas. That and I have nothing to hide, basically just a calorie counter for me.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm just starting out again so I don't have any success stories that what I'm doing is working... but I sure hope it does! I'm about to look at your log for ideas... mine is public as well so feel free to look and comment!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    BarneyStinson's diary 'o high fat is public :) Proceed at your own risk...hehehe.
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Options
    And I thought that I ate healthy!
    My God Woman! You are my idol. And it's funny that you also take picutres of your food. My friends on Facebook yell at me for doing that because I make them hungry. And one got mad at me because her husband said that she needed to learn how to cook after seeing my pictures!
    Do you visit any good food blogs? Healthy ones?

:laugh:

Your comment made me laugh a lot. So, thank you for that and for the sweet words! :flowerforyou:
    Yes, I do love to cook (often experimentally) and to take the pictures of foods. I must say, I love photography in general! I am a visual person, so decorating and setting up the table is one of my favorite things. I hate eating out of paper plates, etc. I need the real thing for the real experience. :happy:

You're right! I do read many healthy eating food blogs and I am on my way of creating one! :wink:
    Some of my favorites (I have probably close to 50!):
    http://thekitchensinkrecipes.com
    http://thebroccolihut.com
    http://mealsandmoves.wordpress.com

I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't necessarily eat meat at every meal, so I love getting ideas for veggie recipes. :smile:
    Do you have any favorites of yours?
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this :smile: Tagging for later.
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Options
    Thanks for posting this :smile: Tagging for later.

Thank you for thank you. :happy: If I can be of any help, let me know!