Please help- I cant eat all my Calories

Options
Hi,
When i inputed all my details i was given a huge calorie intake over 3000 calories.
I cant eat all these in a day.... do i have to?

Replies

• LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    You should maybe double check you entered everything in properly and chose an appropriate loss/gain goal. Also, make sure if you're using metric that you choose that as an option. Hope this helps!
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow! :noway: I think you must have entered something incorrectly...like maybe your normal daily activity? I have never heard of anyone eating that many unless you were a body builder or something.
  • penguinellie
    Options
    i checked again and it didnt reduce anything.. i weigh 70 kg i want to weigh 60 kg.. dont know what to do?
  • super007
    super007 Posts: 23
    Options
    Nah - this is actually very normal. What happens is - when you work out that day and say your burned 800 cals...it'll give you additional 800 cals in the food section (it adds up for you) - and the site 'suggest' that you've earned these many food calories - that you may eat.

That does not mean you need to intake the recommend amount of calories. For example, I'm a fish eater and 95% vegetarian. I have mostly a raw food or boiled food or stir fry diet. I do not eat artificial sugar at all. So, in my case, even if I've consumed crazy amount of vegetables, fruits and raw vegetable juice or homemade soup - there is no way I can consume 3000 cals. as I do not eat sugar or other prepared meals.

In short, they 'recommend' based on average person's diet. It does not mean you need to consume that much food. As long as you are taking water and fresh greens and fruits as much as possible. Hope this helps.
  • penguinellie
    Options
    Thank u i was so freaked out.. trying to be good and write down everything as well as make sure i not having loads of high sugar foods and it keeps telling me i have 1400 calories left
  • super007
    super007 Posts: 23
    Options
    you are welcome! It's done that to mine pretty much all the time - so I finally figured it out.
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    Hi

This is REALLY common.

Go back in and reset your goals.

You'll find that in the process of switching it to metric, it had put down your height in feet as your height in METRES. it'll be thinking you're 5 METRES something tall, not 5 feet something. Just put the correct 1m-whatever in, and rest your goals.
  • penguinellie
    Options
    Yup that was it.. im in big trouble but will have to start again
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    Yeah I see it constantly... It happened to me when I first joined way back, but I kinda knew that needing 3500 calories to lose 2lb/week was off so went investigating!

This has actually prompted me to point the issue out to hopefully have it be addressed by the website owners.

If you are lost - just go to My Home - Goals, and re-do them from there.

HTH!