Calories Burned on Strengthen Exercises on DVD

Options
I exercise at home a lot using DVD's ( Leslie Sansone Power Walkout, Joel Harper's Firming After 50 & a new one is Moving Free Longevity Solution, Strengthening Level 1 by Mirabai Holland.

I've figured out the calories burned on the Power Walkout DVD, but does anyone understand how to log in calories burned on Strengthening exercises with/without the use of free weights & resistance bands? MFP should provide the option to scan the bar code on the back of the DVD since we can scan barcodes on the back of food packages. These DVD's have a variety of exercises, some that are not mentioned under the strength category in MFP. It is difficult to breakdown each exercise by name & log it separately especially if the name is not mentioned by the instructor.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The only real good option is to by a heartrate/calorie counting monitor. They generally are like watches and will track that for you after you enter your height, weight, age etc. Polar makes several. For between $30-$100 you can get one, it depends on how many bells and whistles you want.
  • kimberly728
    Options
    do you have a smart phone? there is an app called calories burned calculator by matey patel, its amazing and if im not mistaken- both those video exercises are listed on there to get a good estimation of what you are burning.

also as the above member said, a heart rate monitor would be a really good investment. I just ordered the polar FT4 for $60.
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't help you with your calculations. I am very interested in your DVD's! Thanks for posting the titles. I have been looking for exercise DVD's that folks use regularly.
    Good Luck to you on your journey!
    Happy Valentines Day!