SO ARE WE NOT SUPPOSE TO EAT ?

Options
ARE WE NOT SUPPOSE TO EAT THOSE EXTRA EARNED CALORIES ????

Replies

• red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You ARE supposed to eat your exercise calories.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    if you go into the general diet/weight loss section, there are some "sticky" posts at the top - they address this issue.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/9-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help

The posts are titled as follows:

*LINKS in MFP you want to read again (and again)
    *Newbies Please READ ME (2nd edition) - part 2
    *Newbies Please READ ME (2nd edition)

Check these out and they should answer your questions. A bit of reading, but it's worth it.
  • super007
    super007 Posts: 23
    Options
    I personally believe - its not just purely about mindless calories. It is about eating the right food that is good for your body. It is "recommended" that you eat those calories, but I don't think its mandatory.

I mean - I drink 3-4 cups of spinach soup that is good for me. May not have enough calories but it gives me the energy to work out next day and alkalizes my body. Sure - it does not substitute for "500" cals I burned but still makes it up to some level! Does not mean I need to eat a piece of sugar ful cake to equalize my calories! hellow...use common sense! :)
  • fabmitzi
    fabmitzi Posts: 13
    Options
    THANKS BABE :)
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    If you want to be successful and have a healthy body, eat your calories earned, it works!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If you weren't supposed to eat them, why would they be added to your total? :) So, yes, eat them.
  • Sherry45106
    Options
    Yep; you earned 'em, you can eat 'em!
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I personally believe - its not just purely about mindless calories. It is about eating the right food that is good for your body. It is "recommended" that you eat those calories, but I don't think its mandatory.

I mean - I drink 3-4 cups of spinach soup that is good for me. May not have enough calories but it gives me the energy to work out next day and alkalizes my body. Sure - it does not substitute for "500" cals I burned but still makes it up to some level! Does not mean I need to eat a piece of sugar ful cake to equalize my calories! hellow...use common sense! :)
    Your body still needs fuel, while cake isn't a great choice. A whey protein shake post work out is great for your body. So are almonds, greek yogurt avacados, and many other things. Its not about empty calories it's about good fuel to help give your body get all of the nutrients and calories it needs.
  • misc02u
    misc02u Posts: 25
    Options
    :smile: excellent point!! I never eat mine and I have hit a platu for about 3 weeks. Maybe I will start eating part of them & see if that helps!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I learned the hard way now I am eating my exercise calories. I need to lose been exercising very hard and the scale don't move bc I been eating 1360 a day then burning off 400-500 a day wasn't eating them now my scale won't move losing inches but not weight. Man I should have ate the exercise calories cause now my body thinks it's starving. I should have been eating about 1700 calories now I have to ride the storm. Eat those calories bc when you need to eat at the lower weight to lose nothing is going to happen for you. And I have lots of body fat and it won't move.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. As it says on the home page when you first sign up .... MFP if flexible and works with any weight loss system.

The program I was in expected a certain level of exercise and that was factored into the calorie allotments. When I started to go way over the minimums, they changed my allotments of protein, calories, etc. But I didn't directly eat one extra calorie for every calorie I burned in exercise. It was more indirect than that.

And it worked and I lost all my excess weight. :happy:
  • fabmitzi
    fabmitzi Posts: 13
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE IT IS WELL APPRECIATED !!!! I GIVE YOU 20 FREE EXTRA CALORIES !! LOL J/K :love:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I am posting in this thread so I can have 20 free extra calories.

:bigsmile:
  • MARCYDANIELLE
    Options
    i think u can....but i wouldnt i mean im not cuz i want to see faster results....idk what to eat for lunch?????im starving i think im going to make tuna
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Ha! If I got 10 extra calories for every post. Now...how many calories do I burn for typing? I type 80+ wpm...it's nothing to brag about. I just have to for what I do...plus I'm a part of the AIM generation....we just learn to type in code...plus it's all full of errors. I digress...So how many calories do I get?! :laugh:

And on topic, sometimes I'm a little under on days I run a lot, but I just can't get myself to eat more than 2000 calories on a diet...it just doesn't make sense in my head. Anyway. Back to typing...so I can burn more calories....hahahahahaaaa