cheat day? more like cheat week!

Options
gahhh anyone else have this problem?! one cheat day seems to turn into more like a cheat week! not all the time, but i feel it happens more than it should. or more than i'd like at least lol. ahh why must getting back on track be so much harder than getting off it??

so the question is: what do you do to avoid temptation, and what helps you get back on track?

Replies

• jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    I try to avoid the food pushers at work. leave the wallet (money and credit cards) at home. Bring your breakfast , snacks and lunch as well.
  • gogoSarahGee
    Options
    iTS JUST like when I quit smoking stay away from temptation don't test yourself and you won't fail! But I know what you mean it seems we tell ourselves wellll I messed up today (Wednesday) sooo il just ease on through the week and start hard monday...... Which of course is the absolute worst!! if you cheated 10 minutes ago drink alot of water and tighten up those calories on your next meal NO EXCUSES find a safe comfort food : )
    sarah
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    I have this issue too... I work in a hospital and we have a Gift Shop, Snack Shop, and Cafeteria! :/ Such a pain! I'll start to do good for a few days, bringing my lunch/snacks and what-not, then fall off... LIKE TODAY! One chocolate covered cashew lead to a disaster! :(
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my cheat "days" were actually cheating three day weekends. They would start Friday night and end Sunday!!!! :noway: I've limited myself to one meal a week, usually on Friday or Sat night....then right back to plan. That seems to be working for me. When I'm feeling deprived :sad: I just remind myself of my cheat meal that's coming!!!
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    After years and years of on and off again dieting I have found that FORGIVING YOURSELF is the best way to get back on track. I would overeat one day and say "What the heck I've already blown my diet for today so Why NOT?" Pretty soon it turns into THE CHEAT WEEK we all encounter. But what you have to realize is that you didn't gain all of your weight in 1wk ( I felt like I did) so you won't entirely obliterate your weight loss with one day or even one week.

So you had a bad WEEK. Get back on track RIGHT NOW. Not TOMMORROW but from this minute make good decisions for the rest of the day and TOMMORROW you'll arleady be back on TRACK.

Good Luck and STAY IN THE RACE!!!
  • aedfit
    aedfit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The best way for me to get back on track is to immediately put on a pair of pants that don't fit like they should or better yet my bathing suit and take a long look in the full length mirror. Nothing says,"Step away from the nachos" quite like a good dose of swim gear reality.
  • super007
    super007 Posts: 23
    Options
    In order to consistently improve - there are no excuses in my books. I'm a management consultant - eating 30 meals out a day means that there will be a situation that I won't be able to avoid - so here is what I do....the day I end up eating something like Flan (I love flan as my dessert)....I'll enjoy it without feeling guilty - its a treat! BUT each treat comes with a price ! So the next day - I'll work out additional 30 minutes to burn it off.

Basically, it gives me the leverage and a choice. I eat without feeling guilty and I pay a price to work out additional 30 minutes for every treat I eat. When you have to put those additional 30 minutes to honestly burn sweat after a 60 minute work out - you stop having cheat weeks. Its a way to discipline and keep things in check. Now - I'm so used to it that my mind automatically keeps me in check.

For example - we had a party where I ended up having 4 slices of pizza! I had to work additional 30 minutes for 4 days and I've swore to myself (after my butt started aching in the spinning class) that I won't have that junk for the next 6 months. It is hard to discipline yourself but it really does pay off in the long run. Some might call it a "punishment" - I just call it "disciplinary action". We are strict on others and too casual with ourselves. How can we set example for others if we are so lazy ourselves?

Our mind takes a long time to register - so you have to constantly keep taking dis. action until it registers to quit cheating.