Gargh!!!

Options
I'm so damned frustrated with myself. I lost about forty pounds a while ago and ended up gaining about twenty back. I've been doing pretty good excercise wise (i go to the gym five times a week, got myself a trainer, and do yoga on my off days) and I know al about the foods I should be eating- I'm usually a health freak!!

I quit smoking about a month ago though, and keeping off the food cravings has become an issue. I go through major junk food cravings and have issues turning my cheek, I've managed to switch from coffee to tea, I don't drink juice or pop, but i love sweets and munchies... o.o

Does anyone have any advice for this? I keep losing my motivation half way through the day and give up on myself... :(

Replies

• Billingbunny
    Billingbunny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So sorry! Munchies are the worst. When you get your cravings immediately eat an apple! Eat it leasurely enjoy the freshness. If you still crave those chips, or candy you certainly can have some. Measure ONE serving out and put the rest away. Eat your treat slowly. If you still have cravings get out of the house, take a soak in the tub, or something. Just remove yourself from food for awhile.

Hope this helps you!
  • MountainMoverJosh
    Options
    You quit smoking

that is good enough for where you are at. congratulations. As I tell anyone who needs advice on this, you should just embrace it. if you stress out about gaining weight, you will pick smoking back up.

I can tell you by experience, that time will heal all of it. I got 15-20 lbs heavier after quitting (october). Just a few days ago, I got below the limbo stick for the second time. I ate junk, drank beer, and did not stress about my diet one bit. My favorite was those creme filled cookies mmmm I ate those up you better believe it. All while sittin on my *kitten* watchin the television. But I didn't care, because I wasnt smoking. The trade off was infinitely better, for sure.

You and your body will know when it is time to put it into high gear, but you cannot be very consistent with it until you have lost craving whatsoever with smoking. After a few weeks of me quitting cold turkey, I was able to drink my coffee and maybe get started working out before I even thought of an image of a cigarette.

I wish you the best of luck, but just know that it is extremely hard.....extremely.....to quit smoking and maintain weight loss. There are very few people in the world who can manage that. I, for one, was not one of them.