out for dinner on VDAY?

Options
where is everyone planning on going out for dinner tonight for Valentine's Day? I'd like to do something different than the usual, I'm counting calories lets go to Swiss Chalet and get some rotisserie chicken, but I don't want to fall off track. any ideas?

Replies

• JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are going for sushi. I'm just going to enjoy this one meal, not worry about it, and eat a little better tomorrow.
  • mindyrae22
    mindyrae22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My fiance asked me out to a local place that is doing a steak dinner for two special. I was hesitant at first knowing it would probably put me over and then I realized that it is Valentines Day! - It is once a year (and we RARELY get nice nights together). So, I decided that I was going to have a nice date with my fiance without sitting there wondering if my dinner roll will fit into my calories. Of course, I am not giving myself permission to go nuts with a bunch of chocolate and I am being careful the rest of the day, but I figure if I go over by a bit then I go over. No biggy. It won't really set me off course. It will be worth it to actually have a romantic night with him. This decision was especially hard after I found out the special comes with cheese cake and an alcoholic beverage, but what the hey, I havn't done this in over two months and won't do it again any time soon so I am "indulging" (the type of indulging a calorie counter does: I think I will be around 350 calories over - psht I can work with that :smile: ).

I say have fun and go where you want to go. One night won't hurt. As long as you don't go and eat like double your daily calorie goal you will be fine. HAVE FUN!
  • Texasmomto4
    Options
    I think it would be ok to have a cheat day.
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    The fiance and I are going to a cool, local gourmet bistro and having classy duck sliders and Parmesan truffle fries, with crazy high alcohol IPAs. Meal of champions! And then I'm working out all day tomorrow. All day.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Neither one of us likes crowds. Valentines is the one day of the year we would probably even pass on a free meal to avoid going out.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Cooked a nice dinner in...would prefer to go out another night when its not as crowded :bigsmile:
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Neither one of us likes crowds. Valentines is the one day of the year we would probably even pass on a free meal to avoid going out.
    Exactly.
    My BF and I are planning on making a fancier-than-usual dinner at home this weekend. It will be much more enjoyable for us than the mess of trying to go out on Valentine's Day, or even this weekend. We'll save date night out for another time.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am cooking my hubbys favorite meal and we are staying home.