Insanity Program Workouts

Options
I have done the Beach Body Insanity program in the past and am going to start it back up. I do not have a calorie counter watch or anything like that and I see that under cardio exercises on MFP, Insanity is not listed as an exercise to log. Any ideas on how to estimate how many calories I've burned doing those workouts? Does anyone suggest I invest in a calorie counting watch? I've thought about logging it as high impact aerobics, but not sure how accurate that would be. I welcome any suggestions! Thanks for your input!

Replies

• beccasetsfire
    beccasetsfire Posts: 135
    Options
    I suggest a heart rate monitor watch... It'll be way more accurate then guessing :-\ Walmart has some that are about $20 i think. I plan on getting one before I start Insanity...
  • wjassell
    wjassell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You should definetly get a HRM with a calorie counter. Knowledge is power I worked out without one for years now I hate not having it.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I use (& suggest) a HRM, but just to see I entered my Insanity workout as both a high impact aerobics workout & then as a circuit workout to compare. The circuit workout entry was closer to my actual Insanity calorie burn from yesterday...it was about 45-50 lower than what my HRM says. Entered as high impact, it was 85-90 lower than my HRM. Granted, this is just for yesterday's Insanity workout. My calorie burn varies greatly with each workout, my effort, etc...But hope that helps a bit until you get a HRM.
  • seczneyd
    seczneyd Posts: 25
    Options
    I use circuit training - general for the first weeks
    and high intensity circuit training for the MAX workouts

This seems pretty accurate.
  • tairui2009
    tairui2009 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity (second round, actually) ~ you can look at my numbers if you want to get an idea of calories burned per workout.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I agree with BiloxiBell to get a "good" HRM, that way you measure yourself not by the fitness machines nor MFP!!! I suggest a HRM that has the chest strap with watch that you program for they are more accurate than the plain wrist watch ones. I had a MIO brand before this Polar and it did not have a chest strap and it read me 100 or more higher than my new Polar (darn it)!
    Come join our insane thread called Insanity? part 7 by ripely36 , we are fun, motivating, encouraging and the beachbody coaches on their are very informative!!! Hope to see on there and best wishes!!!