Hey!!

Options
Hello Everyone!!

My name is Ash. I am a teenager preparing to join the U.S Army, and I have three months to get into better shape!!! I hope this website can help me and hopefully I'll make some friends along the way!

- Ash

Replies

• reneegez
    reneegez Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good Luck & Welcome!
    Renee <><
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Hey, looked at your profile and just want to say those are hefty goals!! Is that the minimum weight requirement to get in? My goal loss is 40 and I'm halfway. It took me 3 1/2 months to lose 19 while exercising 6x/week and eating right. Stay focused and you should be able to lose that and hopefully more! Good luck. :happy: Some programs many people have gotten great results with are P90x, ChaLean Extreme and Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.
  • PhoenixAshes
    Options
    @ Arielle

Hefty goals keep me more motivated : D

As for weight standards, 125 is actually the minimum weight, and 164 (my current weight) is the maximum, for my height. I just want to be at the other end of the scale ><

I realize I probably won't make 125 in three months, but I want to be close to it. It's probably better if I'm a few pounds over that anyway; just in case.

Thanks for the 'good luck' I need it!

@ Reneegez

Thanks and thanks!!! : D
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hey also keep in mind that it is not about weight but about body composition -- % body fat. Honestly during my entire service career I was "overweight" but my body fat % was within range -- big bones and a lot of muscle dont mean fat -- I just had to go through an extra step and get "tape tested" during each weigh in -- never had a problem.