Turning 40

bonnielee
bonnielee Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. I've never posted a message online before, but I'm doing things a bit differently this time. I am turning 40 next year and I am determined to lose the weight that I've been obsessing over for the last 2 decades. I have tried every weight loss method out there. I know most of them work. It's me. I start to see results and then I derail. I don't understand why but this has been my pattern. My goal is to get to the size that I believe I should be. I have joined the gym, I'm following an eating plan and I have joined myfitnesspal. Thanks

Replies

• bonnielee
    bonnielee Posts: 2
    Hi. I've never posted a message online before, but I'm doing things a bit differently this time. I am turning 40 next year and I am determined to lose the weight that I've been obsessing over for the last 2 decades. I have tried every weight loss method out there. I know most of them work. It's me. I start to see results and then I derail. I don't understand why but this has been my pattern. My goal is to get to the size that I believe I should be. I have joined the gym, I'm following an eating plan and I have joined myfitnesspal. Thanks
  • raeokay
    raeokay Posts: 17 Member
    Congratulations on your decision to finally get that weight off! What kind of gym have you joined? If it's a regular style gym (where you work out alone and have to pay for a trainer), and you find it hard to motivate yourself, try bringing a friend. If you can't get a friend to go, try a gym like Curves, just for the fact that there is always someone to talk to. I used to work for a Curves, and I can't recommend it highly enough to women who can't get into the regular gym routine. If you can convince a friend to go with you or make a friend while you're there, you will be far less likely to derail. :)
This discussion has been closed.