Valentines sugar rush

Options
I can't help but indulge with the cute heart shape box of chocolates hubby gave me this morning. I feel like I can't stop until the box is empty . I am out of control and so far the 6 pieces of pot of gold chocolates have cost me 300 cals. I only have 363 cals for dinner left and I going to work out totally for the wrong reason (just so I can have a nice valentines dinner) ...but whatever gets my cals balanced right?

Replies

• amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    just enjoy its only one day:):)
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your calorie goal is, but if you're one of those people on lower calorie intakes (like 1200), you could easily go up to 2000 (probably where your maintenance calories are) for today. You won't lose any weight, but you won't gain any either. :)
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It's one day out of the hundreds of other days in the year that you don't eat an entire box of chocolate. Give yourself a break.
  • Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat to maintenance level today and enjoy a guilt free evening.
    As long as you're not going to go totally mad and eat way over your actual maintenance cals you should be fine
    Sky x
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I can't help but indulge with the cute heart shape box of chocolates hubby gave me this morning. I feel like I can't stop until the box is empty . I am out of control and so far the 6 pieces of pot of gold chocolates have cost me 300 cals. I only have 363 cals for dinner and I going to work out totally for the wrong reason (just so I can have a nice valentines dinner) ...but whatever gets my cals balanced right?

Well, a couple of schools of thought on this...screw it, stop logging for the rest of the day, eat what you want, enjoy your day and valentines dinner. One day of eating over your calorie goal isn't going to stop your progress. This whole thing takes some time so don't get in a hurry.

Second school of thought...we exercise for exactly that reason...so we CAN eat more. So work out, bank some calories...enjoy dinner.

This whole thing isn't about depriving yourself or beating yourself up....hit your calorie goals about 90% of the time, understand that it's going to take some time, and also understand that this is a part of life and in life, nothing is ever perfect.

Go out to dinner, eat some good food, have some good conversation, enjoy whoever you're with and don't worry about it. You can get back to calculating and logging tomorrow.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You think like me, I am going to exercise so I can stay within my calorie goal today. Funny thing is I used to not even let over eating bother me now I manage it. Awesome thing.