Krispy Kreme temptation... HELP!

Options
I'm in the health room at my daughter's school and one of the teachers brought in a Krispy Kreme donut for me.
It's sitting in the box on my desk.
I'm over half way to 1200 calories and I'm still going out to dinner tonight.

Talk me off the ledge! Don't let me jump!!

Replies

• 0scar0scar
    Options
    The thing that helps me through those moments is to realize that i am a grown adult, and ...really... If I want a donut I can get one anytime I want! This is not the last donut on earth, and I can carry on without it. If I still need one later, I can get one.

That instinct to grab what's in front of us betrays us in the end. We can't help it, we are hard wired that way. But don't be fooled. :) There are more donuts on earth where those came from, and you can wait it out. When you do give in on purpose, on a special occasion, it will taste so much better.

Good luck!
  • Cara75
    Cara75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    NOTHING tastes as good as slim and healthy would feel! To be able to buy ONLINE from victoria secret and not stress if it'll fit... to be able to chase your kids around a park and not be winded... to plan a beach vacation and not start seeking out quick weight loss solutions so you can wear something other then ur yoga pants.

Really... a silly fat filled donut is NOT worth it...

OR

Eat it and run for two hours on the elliptical when you get home... sweat burn PAIN. lol
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    eat half and throw the other half away
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Step away from the donut! Just ask yourself if that one moment on your lips is worth it?
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    throw it away.....

//end thread!!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Get rid of it if you can't resist! I take well-minded treats to my desk then put them, icing down, in the trash. If you stop to really taste one, aside from the sugariness, they don't taste that good.
  • mohojojo
    Options
    I agree with ambicion6...DESTROY it so it is not edible. Your other option is to eat it and then burn off some calories later in the gym or something. Thats what I do when I can't resist.
  • holdingon2faith793
    Options
    If you eat it please think of me :bigsmile: I love them but won't let myself near them.
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It might accidently fall on the floor at my work.. and then there is no problem :)
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that it almost makes me want to cry when I think about what an incredibly supportive network that MFP is. I just joined last month and have reaped the benefits already. This is a perfect example: here is a person in the moment needing help, she puts a post up about it and BOOM - she gets the support she needs.

Pretty amazing, right?

P.S. I HEART KRISPY KREMES SO HARD.

But I'd toss it, too! Your hard work is worth so much more. Enjoy a donut on YOUR terms, when you're ready, so it will be guilt-free and delicious.